Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Checksums, final ROM sorting, lots of stuff

Reply to topic
Checksums, final ROM sorting, lots of stuff
Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2000 10:45 pm
I worked on my checksummer today when noticing Maxim's one :)
Anyway. I'll finish my proggy first (and should release sources, in case someone is interested in seing my ugly code), then I'd like to have all mentionned cases checked and sorted out one by one,
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2000 11:00 pm
> I worked on my checksummer today when noticing Maxim's one :)
> Anyway. I'll finish my proggy first (and should release sources, in case someone is interested in seing my ugly code), then I'd like to have all mentionned cases checked and sorted out one by one,

My ugly code's in the zip, that little dpr file. Delphi 3 = pascal. I was surprised by how easy it was ;o)

Feel free to upload it to the tools section sometime, if you want, but not yet because it's not finished...

Anyway, while I'm here, have some more Meka.nam stuff:

Chase HQ [GG-A]
This an overdump - the first and second halves differ by 35 bytes. If the file is split into two then neither of the 128K halves is recognised by Meka. Also, the rom size code is apparently 128k (according to sms.com).

C0704F70A3DF424D,BC's Quest for Tires II - Grog's Revenge (32k) (bad),DATE=1984
This is listed twice - this entry is in the good dumps section, so there is no bad dump warning.

Also, I compared all of the Coleco bad dumps with the good (if available), quite a lot are only a few bytes out, so they could migrate to the good dumps section with a comment saying that a byte's out. A look in ByteFix.txt shows that the bad byte is frequently the last in the file (eg. 0x3FFF in a 16K file), and probably makes no difference to the game. SMSChecker's ROM.txt contains the necessary info, if you want to know which ones they are.

Maxim
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!