Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Am I missing something with calypso's debugger?

Reply to topic
Maju
Am I missing something with calypso's debugger?
Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2000 8:36 am
Would anyone happen to know if it's possible to use the game gears start button while in calypso's debugger? The other controlls seem to work the same as in the normal emulation mode (while using the execute indefiniitely option), except for the left shift key not functioning as the start button.

While I'm embarising myself with my ignorence anyway, I might as well ask another question. Are there currently any other sms/gg emulators with debuggers that allow one to view the game screen alongside the debugger output?

PS: Sorry if anything in these questions is rather...well...ignorent. I'm only just now trying to force myself to learn a bit about asm, and figuring this might be a good way to get a view of it, in action so to speak.

• Site Admin
just so you don't feel ignored
Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2000 10:25 pm
> While I'm embarising myself with my ignorence anyway, I might as well ask another question. Are there currently any other sms/gg emulators with debuggers that allow one to view the game screen alongside the debugger output?

not that I know of, I just use brsms's and live with the debugger screen being mutually exclusive from the game screen.

I haven't used calypso, so I don't have any advice, sorry.

Meka does provide some useful tech info as it runs.

If you have any more questions, bring 'em by the list.
Jose Manuel Delgado
Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2000 11:02 am
Hello :)

I´m the author of Calypso.

The Start Game Gear Button is a missing feature in the debugger. A "bug". The current development version have it, but it´s unreleased.

Stay tuned for the new brand version.

Sorry.

Saludos,

Jose Manuel

Maju
Post Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2000 9:34 am
> Hello :)

> I´m the author of Calypso.

Yike, that was unexpected!

> The Start Game Gear Button is a missing feature in the debugger. A "bug". The current development version have it, but it´s unreleased.

> Stay tuned for the new brand version.

Oh, that is great news indeed! Especially as Calypso's debugger has spoiled me far too much. With any other all I'll be doing is sitting there staring at the screen wistfully dreaming of Calypso. Of course you'll also be taking away my conveinet excuse to myself for being lazy (tm) so should I be crying instead? ^_^

> Sorry.

Hey, you're the one doing the favors, no need for apologies!

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!