Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Wanted: Japanese Master System

Reply to topic
Wanted: Japanese Master System
Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:12 pm
I've been trying to buy one of these off and on for several years, since finding out about the existance of the FM chipset included in it (i've got a Mk III, but could never find a functional seperate adaptor, and works kinda flakey anyways). I've stalked ebay and never seen one get put up there... are they truely that uncommon, or does anyone know where I could possibly find one?

I'm not overly concerned with condition.. so long as it *works*, i dont care if it's boxed or if the casing's scratched up or whatever. And assuming it works with the US version's peripherals, that's not an issue either. My understanding though is that japanese systems do function fine on an NTSC TV, so hopefully that is correct?

Thanks a million to anyone who can help with this
Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:26 pm
They're on Yahoo Auctions Japan pretty constantly - even with fees to a middleman like Crescent Shop or Rinkya, you could probably get a system with a bunch of games for less than it would cost on eBay.
Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:34 am
huh.. i never knew about that. I've always been leery of ordering thru yahoo jp due to the difficulties.. the middleman idea is a great one. And it's definately good to know they're not as ultra rare as i was starting to fear.. thanks :D
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!