SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Sega Master System Tribute

Reply to topic
Sega Master System Tribute
Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:01 pm
Last edited by Alianger on Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:47 am; edited 3 times in total
Searching around Youtube I couldn't find one that I thought did justice to the console and its great library, so I decided to make one of my own. Enjoy!

Edit:

Updated the video slightly and added a foreword since that Kotako site didn't change their info. No offence towards this site but I put a lot of work into the vid.
Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:12 pm
great video :)

Ive not finished watching it yet but wahts the game at 1:22 i don't think i have played that.
Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:30 pm
Galaxy Force - its crappy, although it does come across well in that video
Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:38 am
hehe, sure it's not top 10 material but I like the indoors segments and it goes well with the music.
Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:02 am
You got on Kotaku!
http://kotaku.com/gaming/classic/sega-master-system-forever-+-the-video-325101.p...
Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:39 am
Oh cool. Never seen that site before though :P
It did give me 4000 views in just a few hours time so that's nice.

"some of the users"

I made this video myself.. what gave them the impression I didn't?
Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:44 am
DMEnduro wrote
You got on Kotaku!
http://kotaku.com/gaming/classic/sega-master-system-forever-+-the-video-325101.p...

can't understand the people who think the NES is better, they clearly havent played on an SMS properly. Ive had both and the NES for me was just underpowered boring machine compared to the SMS.
Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:58 am
I agree, though I did like duck hunt / mario brothers. Unfortunately those were about the only decent games it had.
Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:32 pm
Guys, please dont post if you dont have anything but silly fanboyism to spread. They were both great consoles and most people on the thread were positive about the SMS and the vid anyway, so stop complaining.
Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:23 pm
silly fanboyism? thats exactly what I was pointing out in the thread.. never mind.
Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:45 pm
"This video has been removed by the user."
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:58 pm
Huh. Shame.
Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:50 pm
The video is back up but with a new message at the start.

I can understand the frustration when somthing you have spent a long time on gets wrongly credited.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:48 pm
Yeah, but I didn't feel it was taken very far - just "someone posted this on SMS Power" became "made by guys at SMS Power". Never mind, eh? Maybe just put your name in the video next time?
Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:52 am
It only became annoying when they didn't bother to correct the info and I started getting comments like "good job guys" or saw questions that I could've answered properly on Youtube but if I posted on that site people would be confused.
And I couldn't just fix the existing video, I had to take it down and edit a backup which I had fortunately kept.

I wasn't expecting a tribute vid to the SMS getting much attention, nor was I expecting someone (Frank or Simon?) to be that stupid. What's with your attitude? You wouldn't like it to happen to you either.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:44 pm
It's bound to happens that people are confused by who made what, the truth is that most people do not care at all about who made it and you should accept your work as a standalone entity that people can appreciate (unless it is a maneuver to develop your own name as a brand ;). Also don't forget that the games shown in the video took combined a million time more to create than the making of the video itself. Nobody creates things from scratch, you create things based on surrounding creations and experiences and build out of them. The point is to create and share. :)

Thanks for making that video! It awesome, apart from.. hmm.. using NES sound chip music maybe?
Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:08 am
Alianger wrote
I wasn't expecting a tribute vid to the SMS getting much attention, nor was I expecting someone (Frank or Simon?) to be that stupid. What's with your attitude? You wouldn't like it to happen to you either.

Let me get this straight. I pass along a link to your video to Kotaku (and insert credit, if you missed that one), they link to it with a small factual error, and somehow I'm "stupid" and have an "attitude?"
Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:37 am
Bock wrote
It's bound to happens that people are confused by who made what, the truth is that most people do not care at all about who made it and you should accept your work as a standalone entity that people can appreciate (unless it is a maneuver to develop your own name as a brand ;). Also don't forget that the games shown in the video took combined a million time more to create than the making of the video itself. Nobody creates things from scratch, you create things based on surrounding creations and experiences and build out of them. The point is to create and share. :)

Thanks for making that video! It awesome, apart from.. hmm.. using NES sound chip music maybe?

Yes I know most people don't care, I probably wouldn't. But those who did care and commented about it should know that I made it so they can ask me any questions or give critique to me and I would happily reply to it.
Haha, yeah it's not like I see my vid as a work of art or something, it is after all just a tribute to these great games from my childhood..
I agree, what matters is that as many people as possible see the vid and enjoy it. I got comments from people who grew up with the NES about wanting to check out "the other side" and that is the effect I wanted it to have. Apart from being a trip down memory lane for SMS fans.

Thanks. If someone made a good remix working the SMS chip into modern stuff I would've definitely used that instead ^^

TheRedEye:
No I was replying to Maxim, you haven't even posted in this topic :P

I don't know what you said to them. But you obviously didn't give them the correct credits if you mentioned "some guys from SMSPower" instead of just giving them my name. And you probably watched the video before linking to it, so you were aware that it didn't contain any credits. That's why I thought you/them were being stupid..
Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:24 pm
Alianger wrote
I don't know what you said to them. But you obviously didn't give them the correct credits if you mentioned "some guys from SMSPower" instead of just giving them my name. And you probably watched the video before linking to it, so you were aware that it didn't contain any credits. That's why I thought you/them were being stupid..

All I said was "here's a pretty cool video for you to post," and linked to this thread. And now that you've overreacted and taken your video down, all the referral links from Kotaku and Insert Credit are going to a dead video, and you're missing thousands of views. Good job.
Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:24 am
I already explained why I did that. If they can't be bothered to fix their mistake then I guess it's everyones loss, I've tried contacting them and posting on the site (which didn't even work).
Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:52 pm
djbass wrote
I agree, though I did like duck hunt / mario brothers. Unfortunately those were about the only decent games it had.

I also liked Zelda.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!