SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Master System ROMs and Super Magic Drive

Reply to topic
irondata
Master System ROMs and Super Magic Drive
Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2000 10:30 pm
I've read some postings about playing SMS ROMs on a Genesis using the Super Magic Drive. Could someone explain me what i have to modify on the ROMs to make them work on the SMD, or is there a util for it?

Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2000 10:17 pm
> I've read some postings about playing SMS ROMs on a Genesis using the Super Magic Drive. Could someone explain me what i have to modify on the ROMs to make them work on the SMD, or is there a util for it?

Use this:

http://www.zophar.net/utilities/download/gg2md.zip

It's as simple as appending the ROM file to a 512-byte header taken from any Genesis game in SMD format.

You can also use your copier to develop SMS games and run the games people have made on this forum, like Tetracycline, Zoop's SMS Power demo, etc.

MrVCD
Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 2:34 am
I was the one that started the whole Super Magic Drive/SMS roms topic a long while ago. I managed to figure out how to do it with that gg2md tool like the guy just mentioned. I used the same tool for playing gamegear games on the Super Magic Drive and it works! But there is a border around the game screen and the graphics are seriously screwed up.

I am actually thinking of selling this nice little Super Magic Drive unit to further the development of SMS games.

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!