Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Wath type of eeprom burner are you guys using?

Reply to topic
Nichlas
Wath type of eeprom burner are you guys using?
Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2000 9:19 am
Wath type of eeprom burner are you using. is it avaiable for sale, if so how much is it, or do i have to build it
and could you post me the schematics and the software in that case

/Nichlas

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2000 4:50 pm
> Wath type of eeprom burner are you using. is it avaiable for sale, if so how much is it, or do i have to build it
> and could you post me the schematics and the software in that case

I think the only one of us that's actually burning eproms is Mike G. Maybe Atani, too.
The link that follows has schematics, software, and general instructions for a parellel port eprom burner. If you're comfortable building projects like these (I'd guess you are since you asked) it can be done very cheaply, around $20 US assuming you've got the standard tools already.

It is, however, an EPROM burner only, it doesn't do flash proms, or electronically erasable roms (I think it'll program a blank one, but it doesn't erase them). I think it may only do 8-bit eproms too but I am not certain of this. So you'll need to have UV erasable EPROMS and, of course, a UV Eraser (or a lot of sun and a LOT of spare time). The cheapest commercial UV Eraser I've seen is about $40.

To buy a commercial programmer, you'd have to be ready to spend a few bucks, I don't think I've seen them less than $200 new, but they are more versitile, speedier, and less fussy than the DIY kind. You can also get machines for a little more that program eproms as well as pld's and various microcontrollers.

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!