Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - WIP 2007-04-26 0.72 Beta 6

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
WIP 2007-04-26 0.72 Beta 6
Post Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:00 pm
A new MEKA 2007-04-26 snapshot is available:
http://www.smspower.org/meka/wip/

Please please, people, harass me so I can finish a proper 0.72 release. Need to fix "TV mode" blitter among other things..

- CPU:
    - Z80: Fixed cases were address arithmetic would not wrap in the
      16-bit address space, effectively crashing the emulator (those cases
      were mostly happening on corrupted data, but it also legit Z80 code,
      and in any case we don't want the emulator to crash). [Omar]
  - Tilemap viewer:
    - Fixed leftover of white rectangle when mouse hover last line. [Omar]
  - Debugger:
    - Added "B nopnop" shortcut to break on two successives NOP instructions.
      This is basically equivalent to "B x =0,0". [Omar]
  - Miscellaenous:
    - Increased max length of directory/filenames. [Musuruan]
    - Added "Automatically crop and align screen captures" option.
      This option aligns screen captures on the nearest visible tile,
      helping to simplify the process of creating game maps by pasting
      captures next to each other. [Omar]
      Note: May not work properly on game using scanline based effects.
  - Added and modified entries in the checksum and compatibility lists. [Omar]
    Some particular renaming includes:
          SMS - 65d7e4e0 - Fantasy Zone                         --> Fantasy Zone [v2]
          SMS - 60c19645 - Zillion                              --> Zillion [v0]
          SMS - 5718762c - Zillion (US)                         --> Zillion [v1] (US)
          GG  - 7a41c1dc - Aladdin                              --> Aladdin (Disney's)
          GG  - 770e95e1 - Aladdin (JP)                         --> Aladdin (Disney's) (JP)
          GG  - 4457e7c0 - Deep Duck Trouble / Donald Duck no.. --> Donald Duck no Yottsu no Himitsu (JP) (was Japanese dump)
          GG  - 36aaf536 - Evander Holyfield Boxing             --> Evander Holyfield's "Real Deal" Boxing
          GG  - 8c048325 - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade   --> Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [BAD]
          GG  - 4a98678b - Joe Montana Football                 --> Joe Montana Football (JP)
          GG  - 00c34d94 - Madou Monogatari I - Mittsu no.. (JP)--> Madoh Monogatari I - Mittsu no Madokyuu (JP)
          GG  - 12eb2287 - Madou Monogatari II - Aruru 16.. (JP)--> Madou Monogatari II - Aruru 16-sai (JP)
          GG  - 0a634d79 - Madou Monogatari III - Kyukyok.. (JP)--> Madou Monogatari III - Kyuukyoku Joo-sama [v0] (JP)
          GG  - 7ec95282 - Madou Monogatari A - Dokidoki-.. (JP)--> Madoh Monogatari A - Dokidoki-Bake Shon
          GG  - afcc7828 - Psychic World                        --> Psychic World (JP)
          GG  - 2ae8c75f - Shanghai 2 (JP)                      --> Shanghai II (JP)
          GG  - 4d1f4699 - Shining Force Gaiden (JP)            --> Shining Force Gaiden ~Ensei Jashin no Kuni e~ (JP)
          GG  - 30374681 - Shining Force Gaiden II (JP)         --> Shining Force Gaiden II ~Jashin no Mezame~ (JP)
          GG  - 6019fe5e - Shining Force Gaiden Final Con.. (JP)--> Shining Force Gaiden ~Final Conflict~ (JP)
          GG  - 742a372b - Spider-Man and the X-Men in Arcade'..--> Spider-Man / X-Men: Arcade's Revenge
          GG  - f1732ffe - Tale Spin                            --> TaleSpin
          SG1 - 545fc9bb - Ashizawa Hachidan no Tsumeshogi (JP) --> Serizawa Hachidan no Tsumeshogi (JP)
          SG1 - 6d909857 - Sega Mah-Jong (JP)                   --> Mahjong (Sega) (JP)
          SG1 - e7e0f0e3 - Home Mah-Jong (JP)                   --> Home Mahjong [v1] (JP)
Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:52 am
The build date in the About box says 2006/11/30
Is this accurate?
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:05 am
DMEnduro wrote
The build date in the About box says 2006/11/30
Is this accurate?

It's my build system, doesn't always update the date, my fault. It's indeed a build I made yesterday (I'll try to fix it).
Fixing NMI, IFF1 & IFF2
Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:51 am
Are you going to fix correct handling of IFF1 & IFF2 on NMI soon? =)
PauseTest.zip (7.37 KB)
Pause test

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:24 pm
It's not high priority but I'll try to. On another hand, I'd rather try to avoid tweaking emulation and release a stable 0.72 then get back to messing with emulation stuff (this included). But thanks for the test and past infos.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:04 pm
Applied STFUADI, fixed and commited.
http://svn.smspower.org/listing.php?repname=MEKA&path=%2F&rev=51&sc=...
Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:52 am
I saw that screenshots being taken without 8 columns (248x192) are an already noted issue. Running games which use sidescrolling with the techinical info window turned on, I saw that there is a LeftColumnBlank variable set 1. Games which don't use it (like Zaxxon 3D, for instance), have that variable set 0. I guess that's just a metter of setting that variable 0 or 1 to let the shots come out in the right resolution (256x192), but I couldn't find anywhere to change it (nor in the GUI, neither in the configuration files).

Note that I don't know a thing about development, so maybe what I'm saying here is complete bullshit. But if it isn't, could that be fixed for the next release?
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:48 am
What problem are you referring to ?

There's something I wrote at the very top of TODO.txt :
SMS screenshots always 256x192, not 248x192?

But frankly I don't remember why, and I can't reproduce the problem. The thing is that is the left column is cleared, MEKA crop the screenshot to 248x192. Is that a behavior you dislike?
Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:37 am
Bock wrote
What problem are you referring to ?

There's something I wrote at the very top of TODO.txt :
SMS screenshots always 256x192, not 248x192?

But frankly I don't remember why, and I can't reproduce the problem. The thing is that is the left column is cleared, MEKA crop the screenshot to 248x192. Is that a behavior you dislike?

Exactly, Bock. I know that the left column is pretty useless, and if it isn't cropped, it will just show a black column, but the fact is that I contribute a lot to MobyGames, and the site's policy is to have SMS screenshots at its original resolution 256x196. I'd like to have an option to turn the "auto-crop" feature off, if possible.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:53 am
But it's totally meaningless, keeping that left column makes as much sense as including the top and bottom borders too. How do they deal with the various resolutions Mega Drive games have, especially the ones with non-square pixels? The left column blanking is effectively a resolution switch as much as the extra-height modes, albeit one that doesn't make the screen flicker or blank when it's applied.
Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:20 am
Maxim wrote
But it's totally meaningless, keeping that left column makes as much sense as including the top and bottom borders too. How do they deal with the various resolutions Mega Drive games have, especially the ones with non-square pixels? The left column blanking is effectively a resolution switch as much as the extra-height modes, albeit one that doesn't make the screen flicker or blank when it's applied.

Well, the accepted resolutions for the Mega Drive are 256x224 (32Hx28V),
320x224 (40Hx28V), 256x240 (32Hx30V, PAL only) and 320x240 (40Hx30V, PAL only).

Anyway, I just asked that 'cause I use MEKA a lot, but when it comes to taking screenshots, I have to use another emulator, but just because of that. :/
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!