Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - How to extract SMS music.......

Reply to topic
Sjeep
How to extract SMS music.......
Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2000 5:28 am
I love the music on the sms, like the Wonderboy 3 theme, and the 3rd level of Pshyco Fox etc. It would be great if I could listen to it on another platform, and distribute it to my friends, who never had the chance to enjoy the sega mastersystem.

Is there a way to extract music from a sms rom?

Thanks, Sjeep

Martin
Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2000 11:24 am
> I love the music on the sms, like the Wonderboy 3 theme, and the 3rd level of Pshyco Fox etc. It would be great if I could listen to it on another platform, and distribute it to my friends, who never had the chance to enjoy the sega mastersystem.

> Is there a way to extract music from a sms rom?

MasterGear has a command line option to log the sound output. On Marat Fayzullin's website is a tool to convert these log files into MID files.

vecna
Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2000 4:19 pm
> I love the music on the sms, like the Wonderboy 3 theme, and the 3rd level of Pshyco Fox etc. It would be great if I could listen to it on another platform, and distribute it to my friends, who never had the chance to enjoy the sega mastersystem.

> Is there a way to extract music from a sms rom?

CHASMS has a PSG logging function, and it includes a standalone PSG playback program. Not as universal as MIDs, but the PSG playback will sound virtual identical to a real SMS, instead of MIDI-fied.

- vecna

MUG U.K(tm)
Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2000 9:37 pm
I might still have somewhere ... no guarantees though .. is a disk with some source code to convert Amiga MOD files into chip music (ie. just extracting the patterns) for use on Atari STs and Sega Master Systems .. just trying to remember which person I gave all my ST disks to and see if they can find the disk.

Might be of some help to someone to write a ripper/player program for these types of music files ?

Consolemu
Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2000 7:47 pm
Believe me when I say I'm not making any promises but I was probably going to write a little utility in C or Visual Basic that will convert vecna's PSG logs to midi. But, I'm not sure I'll have time to do it any time soon because I have summer school. I'll probably consider it sometime in July like the 7th or the 8th when I get out.

Chris :o)

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!