Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Applying Pro-Action codes in Mekaw?

Reply to topic
SqueakyWee
Applying Pro-Action codes in Mekaw?
Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:34 am
Hi all,

I'm kinda new to this, so bear with me :) I have only one question at the moment - how do I apply pro-action codes using Mekaw 0.65? I have been searching Google for ages, and all I can find is references as to how easy it is to do it, but nothing actually explaining how to do it.

Sq'Wee :)

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:11 pm
It's not that easy, but as a first thing, you should be updating to a newer version of MEKA. 0.65 is very, very, old.

MEKA doesn't actually support Pro Action Replay codes, hence why it's not that easy. One way is to edit the MEKA.PAT file, the other one is to manually poke values via the memory editor, which may not be sufficient for all kind of codes.

Basically a Pro Action Replay code is in the form of:

00xxxxyy

Where xxxx is a memory address (4 digits) and yy (2 digits) a value to write to.
If you open MEKA memory editor, seek for the address and edit the corresponding value, it would apply the effect immediately. Some patches requires to be applied permanently (this is what an Action Replay does) but for many a single application can suffice (eg: maximize your number of life once).

For the other way, by editing the MEKA.PAT file, open this file with a text editor, it has instructions.

Overally, it's not super practical. I should add some interface to add PAR codes at runtime.
squeakywee
Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:22 pm
Thanks Bock, you're a star :))

Kat

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!