SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Baku Baky Animal package at ZD

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
Baku Baky Animal package at ZD
Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 7:25 am
Didn't looked at it deeply for looping stuff, and I can't confirm weither it's complete or not. Should I quickly repackage it with correct name, description and playlist to upload here ? Space Harrier will have to be done later.
  • Site Admin
^ Baku Baku, obviously :) *nt*
Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 7:45 am
> Didn't looked at it deeply for looping stuff, and I can't confirm weither it's complete or not. Should I quickly repackage it with correct name, description and playlist to upload here ? Space Harrier will have to be done later.
  • Site Admin
Analysis
Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 10:40 am
> Didn't looked at it deeply for looping stuff, and I can't confirm weither it's complete or not. Should I quickly repackage it with correct name, description and playlist to upload here ? Space Harrier will have to be done later.

There are no track titles, so we need someone who knows the game to say what's what. Here's the length analysis:

Name Length:
Total Loop
01 1:00 -
02 2:34 -
03 1:20 -
04 1:31 -
05 0:45 -
06 0:20 -
07 1:34 -
08 0:06 -
09 0:43 -
10 0:46 -
11 1:01 -
12 0:04 -
13 1:25 -
14 0:52 -
15 0:33 -

I quickly wrote the lot to WAVs and looked at them in Cool Edit, it seems they almost all have repeated data in them, I think they haven't been trimmed at all. I can't confirm its completeness since I've not played BBA that much.

Also... these files are from the TecToy-converted SMS version. The original GG version has stereo effects in it (one of the few), and I'd say it's much better for that.

Maxim
Brady
Yeesh
Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 2:36 pm
Why do you have to fix up my rips? I say, if you don't like a rip thats given to you, don't post it, don't complain. E-mail the guy who sent it and ask him to fix it for you. Its that easy.

As far as my Baku Baku animals rip goes, i think i did a pretty good job with the ripping. It may not meet your standards, but hey, I tried my best and it was my first time ripping. Not all of us are pros, you know ;)

• Site Admin
Re: Yeesh
Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 3:20 pm
> Why do you have to fix up my rips? I say, if you don't like a rip thats given to you, don't post it, don't complain. E-mail the guy who sent it and ask him to fix it for you. Its that easy.

The SMS Power VGM archive has a simple rule - if it's possible for a rip to be better, it should be. Trimming, looping etc takes a long time so some people don't want to do that - but if it's done, the end files are nicer. This was what was feared when Death Adder decided to open the section on ZD - he has lower standards, which he is entirely welcome to maintain.

We would of course prefer for people to submit their files here and do all the stuff we want to make the packs good; in return for using all the VGMs we have, we get all the ones from ZD (I don't know if ZD tells you that). We can then do one of the following:

- use, if they're good quality and looped, etc
- discard
- fix ourselves
- email the creator with a list of complaints and ask them to fix them

The third might produce less hassle, the fourth is probably the best option though.

> As far as my Baku Baku animals rip goes, i think i did a pretty good job with the ripping.

Yeah, they're ripped well.

> It may not meet your standards, but hey, I tried my best and it was my first time ripping. Not all of us are pros, you know ;)

Well... I suppose me and fx^ are pretty close to "pros", and I can tell you that ripping is by far the easiest part of it, usually (depending on the game). Trimming is the hardest part, researching the additional information (track titles/authors) is harder than ripping too.

Anyway... don't take offence. Keep ripping, if you can create files which meet our higher standards then that's good, if you don't want the hassle (which is understandable) then that's fine.

Maxim
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!