SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - New version of CHASMS

Reply to topic
vecna
New version of CHASMS
Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2000 11:10 pm
Well, I actually have a significant todo list of stuff I wanted to do before this release, but with finals and all it seems it'll be a while before I'll be able to get to them. So I figured I'd release a new version now. The page has a list of the changes since the last version.

All of who you got DirectInputCreateEx errors or whatever last time, that should be fixed. The solution: We're not using DirectInput for joysticks anymore. Stupid crappy APIs. ^_~

I've begun to get my first taste of 'fixing one game may break another game' syndrome that's irritating me, and I haven't had time to investigate some of these fully, but the instances of broken games is still pretty low. My compatibility rate is right about 95-96%, so it's still a contender.

The page is here, or get the file directly here.

Please feel free to voice opinions or suggestions. Including "You suck!" so long as you include why, because otherwise I can't do anything to improve it.

- vecna

nintendont
Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2000 6:31 pm
> Well, I actually have a significant todo list of stuff I wanted to do before this release, but with finals and all it seems it'll be a while before I'll be able to get to them. So I figured I'd release a new version now. The page has a list of the changes since the last version.

> All of who you got DirectInputCreateEx errors or whatever last time, that should be fixed. The solution: We're not using DirectInput for joysticks anymore. Stupid crappy APIs. ^_~

> I've begun to get my first taste of 'fixing one game may break another game' syndrome that's irritating me, and I haven't had time to investigate some of these fully, but the instances of broken games is still pretty low. My compatibility rate is right about 95-96%, so it's still a contender.

> The page is here, or get the file directly here.

> Please feel free to voice opinions or suggestions. Including "You suck!" so long as you include why, because otherwise I can't do anything to improve it.

> - vecna

I've been thoroughly testing the latest version and it seems very stable, not to mention very fast! Congrats on a great (and free) Win32 release. Keep up the great work man!

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!