Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - SG1000 VDP

Reply to topic
NeoZeed
SG1000 VDP
Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2000 4:44 pm
Hi all,

I've start a sg1000 emu but i can figure out some spec of the TMS9918. It's about the VDP register ...

For example, i follow Zoop docs, i read that for obtaining the Tile starting address (reg4) i must (in mode 1) anded the value of the reg4 with 0x3f (so 6 bits) but when i look in the Tms pdf it says that only the first 3 bits are useful , why this mask of 6 bits (0x3f) ?? What's the technical reason for this ??

Thanks in advance

NeoZeed

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2000 5:06 pm
> I've start a sg1000 emu but i can figure out some spec of the TMS9918. It's about the VDP register ...
> For example, i follow Zoop docs, i read that for obtaining the Tile starting address (reg4) i must (in mode 1) anded the value of the reg4 with 0x3f (so 6 bits) but when i look in the Tms pdf it says that only the first 3 bits are useful , why this mask of 6 bits (0x3f) ?? What's the technical reason for this ??

In don't have the answers handy, not even sure which is the good mask to use.
But in any cases, I suggest not trusting my doc at all. It is a draft I made sometime ago and I believe it's full of mistake.
ATani
Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2000 5:46 pm
> Hi all,

> I've start a sg1000 emu but i can figure out some spec of the TMS9918. It's about the VDP register ...

> For example, i follow Zoop docs, i read that for obtaining the Tile starting address (reg4) i must (in mode 1) anded the value of the reg4 with 0x3f (so 6 bits) but when i look in the Tms pdf it says that only the first 3 bits are useful , why this mask of 6 bits (0x3f) ?? What's the technical reason for this ??

>

If you want a fully working TMS9918 core check out Marat's old one which is included in his emulib i believe. If you want these files i think i have them still..

ATani

NeoZeed
Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2000 9:37 am

> In don't have the answers handy, not even sure which is the good mask to use.
> But in any cases, I suggest not trusting my doc at all. It is a draft I made sometime ago and I believe it's full of mistake.

In fact, i follow the Marat's code (emulib) with yours spec but i try to understand all what i read and there's some black point,... but i'll try to admit without understanding (damn..)

Thanks you all.

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!