Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - New VGM package at Zophar Domain's

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
New VGM package at Zophar Domain's
Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 8:51 am
Space Harrier
http://www.zophar.net/vgm/
If we were afraid of quality issues, we got an answer now.

Can someone feel like adding looping points, rename the titles (files & GD3), compress the files, add the standard information file, then sending the whole package to the author ? Else I'll try to do it ASAP myself.

Beside that, it's Space Harrier soundtrack, so it's cool.

Omar (frustrated :)
  • Site Admin
Adding looping
Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 10:52 am
> Space Harrier
> http://www.zophar.net/vgm/
> If we were afraid of quality issues, we got an answer now.

Yup.

> Can someone feel like adding looping points, rename the titles (files & GD3), compress the files, add the standard information file, then sending the whole package to the author ? Else I'll try to do it ASAP myself.

Based on my experience of doing this myself for some of the existing packs... it's hard. You really need plenty of repetition in the raw data (ie. the looped section logged in full at least twice) to be able to confidently find the loop point; these files are a bit borderline. It can be easier to log them yourself. Space Harrier has a sound test cheat so that should be relatively easy.

Bock, could you email the guy and point him to the tools and pages here? I only have crappy webmail which is a major hassle to send email with...

Maxim
  • Site Admin
Why not...
Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 11:00 am
> Space Harrier has a sound test cheat so that should be relatively easy.

Stupid me was looking at the quite-hard-to-access Space Harrier 3D sound test; Space Harrier just wants RLDU on the title screen (it even tells you that in the manual). Bock, open your ICQ if you'd like to split the task with me, I'd like to help with this now I can see how easy it is to do :)

Maxim
  • Site Admin
Re: Adding looping
Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 4:23 pm
> Bock, could you email the guy and point him to the tools and pages here? I only have crappy webmail which is a major hassle to send email with...

I did it already. I hope to receive a positive answer :)
  • Site Admin
Re: Why not...
Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 7:52 am
>> Space Harrier has a sound test cheat so that should be relatively easy.
> Stupid me was looking at the quite-hard-to-access Space Harrier 3D sound test; Space Harrier just wants RLDU on the title screen (it even tells you that in the manual). Bock, open your ICQ if you'd like to split the task with me, I'd like to help with this now I can see how easy it is to do :)

I think unless Mark want to react on this one, it's safer to redo it from stratch.
And I just notice the current package has 'title' and 'main theme' as the same song.
  • Site Admin
The reason for that
Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 10:08 am
> I think unless Mark want to react on this one, it's safer to redo it from stratch.
> And I just notice the current package has 'title' and 'main theme' as the same song.

That's because it's ripped directly from the sound test, which puts those two together. I suppose that's logical given that it was originally ripped without trimming; the only thing that confuses me is how did he add the GD3 tags? :)

Anyway, the pack on ZD has been silently updated to include looping. I haven't looked at it that closely though.

Maxim
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!