Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - CHASMS and DirectX

Reply to topic
CHASMS and DirectX
Post Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2000 6:23 am
CHASMS doesn't work here, it complains about DirectInput and stuff. I suppose it is because it requires a new version of DirectX ? (I have 4 or 5).
Else I'll get you the exact message.
vecna
Post Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2000 4:10 pm
> CHASMS doesn't work here, it complains about DirectInput and stuff. I suppose it is because it requires a new version of DirectX ? (I have 4 or 5).

gah. Well, ok. Initially the DirectInput code required DirectX7, and I asked zeromus if he could lower this requirement because a lot of people with Win98 or whatever don't have DX7 and it's a rather hefty download. So he did, and sent me a new file... I assumed it worked, because it no longer had a "LPDIRECTINPUT7" object in it, and it worked on my computer, and the other computers I tested it on. It seems there are still some problems however. If you can, try upgrading your version of DirectX.

I'll have to hack at the DirectInput code. You'll probably believe me when I say I actually know very little about Windows coding. I just use a simplistic interface written by zeromus, and write everything else like a DOS program. ^_~ [I need to make it be able to select which joystick slot to use also, anyhow]

But, overall, it probably will require at LEAST DirectX5, possibly DirectX6.

- vecna

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!