Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - SegaEMU .10a is out... SG-1000 support ...

Reply to topic
ATani
SegaEMU .10a is out... SG-1000 support ...
Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2000 5:57 pm

All,
I have releaed my emu to the general public for consumtion :) Give it a shot and let me know what you guys think of it... I believe i might have the first SG-1000 emu for Win9x.nt.2000. I dont know of any others, if anyone knows of one please let me know as well..

ATani

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2000 6:17 pm
> I have releaed my emu to the general public for consumtion :) Give it a shot and let me know what you guys think of it... I believe i might have the first SG-1000 emu for Win9x.nt.2000. I dont know of any others, if anyone knows of one please let me know as well..

Master Gear and the one from Maechiko already does that.
Anyway, now trying your emu =)
ATani
Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2000 7:06 pm
> > I have releaed my emu to the general public for consumtion :) Give it a shot and let me know what you guys think of it... I believe i might have the first SG-1000 emu for Win9x.nt.2000. I dont know of any others, if anyone knows of one please let me know as well..

> Master Gear and the one from Maechiko already does that.
> Anyway, now trying your emu =)

Welll i am still one of the few :) give me an email and suggestions on changes :) i have had only a couple so far... mostly adjust the keys so it is easier to play... this will happen soon...

ATani
AIM: AtaniSYSOP

Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2000 6:53 am
>give me an email and suggestions on changes :)

I'll post here. It has the advantage that I can answer at school :)

Well, I first tried a game (Dragon Wang I think) that ran at a "correct" speed, like 30/40 fps, but most others were extremely slow, like 5 fps.
I believe it is more a bug somewhere in the frameskipper, a lacking feature of my crappy video card and it's drivers, or something of that kind, more than real slowlyness.

>i have had only a couple so far... mostly adjust the keys so it is easier to play... this will happen soon...

Oh yeah the default keymap is weird. I suppose this is your way of playing games - everyone got one :)

Also, a button seems to be always pressed (the corresponding bit is zero)
I think it is a button in the second controller which you aren't emulating yet.
The problem is that it make some games start immediately (in two players mode, etc..)
Shouldn't be terribly hard to fix, return 0xFF on the unused port for the moment.

"The Castle" crashes the emulator.

And Pitfall 2 have a sprite bug when dying.

That is for my report, hope it's usefull :)
ATani
Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2000 2:09 pm
> >give me an email and suggestions on changes :)

> I'll post here. It has the advantage that I can answer at school :)

> Well, I first tried a game (Dragon Wang I think) that ran at a "correct" speed, like 30/40 fps, but most others were extremely slow, like 5 fps.
> I believe it is more a bug somewhere in the frameskipper, a lacking feature of my crappy video card and it's drivers, or something of that kind, more than real slowlyness.

> >i have had only a couple so far... mostly adjust the keys so it is easier to play... this will happen soon...

> Oh yeah the default keymap is weird. I suppose this is your way of playing games - everyone got one :)

Well actually... its not... i had some problems with getting the keyboard to map correctly with like 'a' being button 1 and 's' being button 2 etc.. i am not sure whats causing them not to work, but i figured.. .well lets just move it somehwere where i know it works and then get it going :)

> Also, a button seems to be always pressed (the corresponding bit is zero)
> I think it is a button in the second controller which you aren't emulating yet.
> The problem is that it make some games start immediately (in two players mode, etc..)
> Shouldn't be terribly hard to fix, return 0xFF on the unused port for the moment.

That is correct... my port reader function was returning 0x00 instead of 0xFF which is a probable cause.. or the return value for the reset button (also in line with gamepad 2) is returning 0x00 instead of something closer to 0xF7.

> "The Castle" crashes the emulator.

> And Pitfall 2 have a sprite bug when dying.

> That is for my report, hope it's usefull :)

Very useful report... many things will be fixed an expect .20a (i mislabeled this one as .10a it should have been .10e) soon.

ATani

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!