SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - New SMS emulator

Reply to topic
Stefan
New SMS emulator
Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2000 6:39 am
I want to make an SMS emulator in assembler, but I have only found one Z80 core in assembler. Unfortunitly, the assembler code is generated by a C program, and don't have a C compiler. Could someone please assembler the C program you can get from the link below, you would be contributing to a new SMS emulator. Thank you.

Stefan
Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2000 6:42 am
ftp.synthcom.com/pub/emulators/cpu/makez80.zip

Evan Clarke
Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2000 7:21 am
> ftp.synthcom.com/pub/emulators/cpu/makez80.zip

Try using djgpp. small to d/l, and free. Better option than someone sending you the compiled version as there are some options that you might/not want. Also, try raze. It is accurate and doesn't require a C compiler (I think).

Stefan
Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2000 10:05 am
No, it would be easier if someone sent me the compiled version.
DJGPP is too hard to download. I don't know which of the millions of files to get, nor how to install them. It's not really small. I need at least 11MB of files to just run the compiler and developer, without all the fancy stuff even. NASM is under a MB, and it is the best assembler ever.

> > ftp.synthcom.com/pub/emulators/cpu/makez80.zip

> Try using djgpp. small to d/l, and free. Better option than someone sending you the compiled version as there are some options that you might/not want. Also, try raze. It is accurate and doesn't require a C compiler (I think).

Jose Manuel Delgado
Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2000 10:35 am
Hello :)

And you, that are not capable of runnig DJGPP want to make a SMS emuator?

DJGPP can run with ONLY 3 files: the headers and library file (djdev202.zip), the binutils (like the assembler), that are in bnu*b.zip and the C compiler itself, gcc*b.zip. Pick the 3 files and decompress it on a folder. Then you have to set the path for the BIN/ subdirectory and other set to a file like: SET DJGPP=c:djgppdjgpp.env. And you can compile, assemble and link full C programs. It´s not too difficult.

If you want a better development enviroment, pick: Rhide, a Borland like editor, CWDPMI, i you don´t have a DPMI server for the compiler (if you have Windows 9X you don´t need DPMI, because windows provide it), Make utility, C++ compiler, GNU debugguer, etc....

Saludos,

JMD

Stefan
Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2000 12:13 pm
I wouldn't be using C in my emulator

> And you, that are not capable of runnig DJGPP want to make a SMS emuator?

Evan Clarke
Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2000 4:27 am
> I wouldn't be using C in my emulator

> > And you, that are not capable of runnig DJGPP want to make a SMS emuator?

OK, here is a compiled version of the 3.3 source emmitter.

www.alphalink.com.au/~pbclarke/makez80.rar

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!