Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Mac player soon

Reply to topic
Richard Bannister
Mac player soon
Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 7:35 pm
Folks,

I've added VGM support to my game music player for Mac, Audio Overload. See the link below for more. I'll probably release an upgrade in the next fortnight or so.

FWIW - if someone can upload some files using the FM chips I can implement this. I don't want to release untested code though.

Cheers,
Richard

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 6:19 pm
I know that the 68k macs hardly exists out there anymore but is a 68k recompilation of your player possible ?? If it is I would be really happy, cause I could play VGM's on my Amiga using a Mac emu :P
Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 2:08 am
>I know that the 68k macs hardly exists out there anymore but is a 68k recompilation of your player possible ?? If it is I would be really happy, cause I could play VGM's on my Amiga using a Mac emu :P

Hey, I was going to ask that! IF youàve ever wondered what happened to all those old m68k Macs, they ended up at my place. And Iàd really like to make them useful in some way.
Richard Bannister
Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 2:49 pm
> I know that the 68k macs hardly exists out there anymore but is a 68k recompilation of your player possible ?? If it is I would be really happy, cause I could play VGM's on my Amiga using a Mac emu :P

Sorry folks, that's not going to happen. Few reasons:

- My compiler, CodeWarrior, doesn't support the 68K series Macs any more. I'd have to downgrade to an older version which is a non-starter.

- Audio Overload uses the Carbon APIs and thus it's not just a matter of a recompile - I'd need to do a fair bit of rewriting for a 68K version.

Sorry about that,
Richard

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!