SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - SF-7000 disk image manager

Reply to topic
SF-7000 disk image manager
Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:28 am
Hi to all, I'm a newbie in this forum.
I'm an Italian owner of a SC3000, SR1000 and a SF7000 which unfortunately died many yesrs ago :-(
I am following the problem of saving loading programs from cassette and disks. I tryied to use those little utilitieswhich convert waveforms but, unfortunately, they doesn't run, because the pulse code of the sc3000 is very different from Spectrum and MSX. I tryied to study the waveform but the sequence of the pulses is difficult to understand . It looks like a study of an alien code at the S.E.T.I. :-)
So i freezed the cassette reader project.
What i noticed with meka and SF7000 disk basic instead, is:
When you load the IPL and disk basic, you can type [ FILES ] and have the files in the sf7 disk image. ok.
You can type any program, for example [ 10 PRINT "hello" ], save it as usual with [ SAVE "list.bas" ] , then retype [ FILES ] ... our program will be in the list.... you can treat as a normal file in your virtual floppy drive (load, kill).
But when you load another sf 7 image and then reload the previous one with the file you saved the file is not there, the vile was in the memoy but not stored in the sf7 file.
My question is: while some wizard is trying to make the cassette reader real, it may be useful to give to Meka the possibilities to emulate the disk drives in an image file ( as UAE does ?). For example it may be useful within meka to create an empty f7 disk image file, and menage it as a disk: save, kill, load, Dski$ etc.
Then probably, it may be possible in some way to decode sf7 i in ascii files, who knows... but it could be the first step to help people in using the sc3000 emulator and exchange programs.
I hope to see some upgrade of meka soon.
Thank you all.

Francesco, Italy.
Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:34 pm
Hi,
after some work on the Ram reader program for Basic program extraction, i'm working on a simple SF7 disk image manager. Actually, i wrote some routines for track, cluster and sector reading and the Fat and name list handler.
I wrote a "FILES" command which reads the program list and the FAT.
I'm working on a "LOAD" command which extract a program and convert it to a TXT file.
This seems to be not so difficult, but i think it will be hard to implement the inverse process... Anyway as soon as the first part will be ready i will share with you...
Maybe my code will be useful as a starting point for a more professional one.
Thank you.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!