SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - mekanix

Reply to topic
Ian Covelli
mekanix
Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:15 pm
just wondering if anyones done any work on it at all, because i have a linux computer as wel as windows, and the last time i tried mekanix, i couldnt get it to work... maybe its just my poor linux skills, who knows

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:00 am
Grab the lates source and compile it, the only thing you'll have to do is to install seal, allegro and tweak the makefile.
Ian Covelli
Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:58 am
i got it runnning a while back, but i was using the .70, and .69, kinda lagged, im using slackware on a pentium 2, 333mhz machine with 128 mb of ram, for some reason it worked fine when i was using vector linux, but since i switched back to slackware ive gotten a few problems.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:52 am
here is a slackware package of the latest wip version:
http://sukkonet.cjb.net/~sukko/slackware/slackbuild/meka/meka-20051203-i486-1suk...

(maybe i should build it with i686 optimizations)

if you also need allegro and seal:
http://sukkonet.cjb.net/~sukko/slackware/slackbuild/allegro/allegro-4.2.0-i486-1...
http://sukkonet.cjb.net/~sukko/slackware/slackbuild/seal/seal-1.0.7-i486-2suk.tg...
Ian Covelli
Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:08 am
thank you very much for that, ive never had good luck compiling from source so this was a big help

Post Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:02 pm
Thanks for the binary, SukkoPara. I use Ubuntu GNU/Linux, and I can easily convert your Slackware package to Debian format using Alien... Thanks!

If you're using Ubuntu Breezy (or Debian), you need to install the latest Allegro and the old libpng compatibility libs.

And, by the way, I ONLY use GNU/Linux. Nothing else. Not even M$ Window$. So the loss of Meka for a while was upsetting (when I stopped using DOS/Win98, LOL). I'm just glad the devs are dropping DOS support and adding GNU/Linux support! This is awesome! Now Meka can run on a REAL operating system!

I have one problem with this version: I have no sound unless I make this change in the Meka launch script:

#!/bin/bash
# Trick SEAL into using native ALSA libs... it won't work otherwise...
export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libaoss.so

Yeah, the kernel OSS emulation in ALSA does NOT work with Seal. (at least on my machine).
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:25 pm
linuxfanatic1024 wrote
I have one problem with this version: I have no sound unless I make this change in the Meka launch script:

#!/bin/bash

Does sound plays correctly using the above technique? Correctly as in, not choppy. Everytime I heard it under Linux it was choppy (but it is MEKA sound engine fault, a fix is underway).

Your nickname is enough, you may not need to brag about GNU/Linux every messages :)
Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:08 pm
Bock wrote
linuxfanatic1024 wrote

#!/bin/bash

Does sound plays correctly using the above technique? Correctly as in, not choppy. Everytime I heard it under Linux it was choppy (but it is MEKA sound engine fault, a fix is underway).

Your nickname is enough, you may not need to brag about GNU/Linux every messages :)

It's choppy a little, but there is no delay. It only works if people use the ALSA sound drivers, not the OSS ones. It also only works if the OSS emulation libraries are installed. The ALSA drivers are the standard in 2.6 kernels. If you have no clue what I'm talking about, I'm in a hurry now...I'll edit this later when I have more time
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!