Reply to topic
Naflign
Nyef? ^_^
Post Posted: Tue Feb 29, 2000 6:50 am
Just wondering, have you had time to do any work on Lunar recently? ^_^

Nyef
Post Posted: Tue Feb 29, 2000 2:21 pm
> Just wondering, have you had time to do any work on Lunar recently? ^_^

No I haven't. The files are still on the remains of my Linux system, though, so I can get at them fairly easily.

How far did we get, and what needs doing next? I recall writing a program to dump a substantial portion of the script, and finding some form of interpreted language in the ROM file...

--Nyef

Naflign
Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2000 4:35 pm

> > Just wondering, have you had time to do any work on Lunar recently? ^_^

> No I haven't. The files are still on the remains of my Linux system, though, so I can get at them fairly easily.

Great!

> How far did we get, and what needs doing next? I recall writing a program to dump a substantial portion of the script, and finding some form of interpreted language in the ROM file...

Shoot, I can't quite recall ^^ I'll check with Rebecca, I think there was a bit of the script segments that was not being read....ugh, I should have jumped right in with that info, sorry ;{ A friend of a friend died right about that time, and I got a bit distracted. Thanks again!

Nyef
Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2000 6:51 pm
> > How far did we get, and what needs doing next? I recall writing a program to dump a substantial portion of the script, and finding some form of interpreted language in the ROM file...

> Shoot, I can't quite recall ^^ I'll check with Rebecca, I think there was a bit of the script segments that was not being read....ugh, I should have jumped right in with that info, sorry ;{ A friend of a friend died right about that time, and I got a bit distracted. Thanks again!

Hrm... The script being incomplete somehow doesn't suprise me, There wasn't any obvious way to check for the end of the strings, so I had it check for two consecutive NULs (figuring that I'd know soon enough if that was a reasonable assumption). I suppose that in order to make sure that the entire script gets dumped would be to figure out where all the references to the strings are, and use that list. The problem is that it's probably inline with the rest of the game data (there are no pointer tables to individual strings, so that sortof make things more difficult).

--Nyef

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!