Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Building a cart dumper

Reply to topic
Kiwibonga
Building a cart dumper
Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2000 6:35 pm
"homemade devices..."
Is there anywhere we can find plans for this kind of homemade device (so many cartridges not copied yet, so many roms going to waste)

Thanx for responding

Nyef
Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2000 1:28 pm
> "homemade devices..."
> Is there anywhere we can find plans for this kind of homemade device (so many cartridges not copied yet, so many roms going to waste)

Sure. Right here. To wit:

Take a db25 male connector, two 74ls573 (I _think_, I could be wrong here. It should be an octal latch. Beware the 373, as it has a completely screwy pinout), a voltage regulator (I don't remember the part offhand, but it should be a 5v part), a 50-pin card-edge connector (like the one in the SMS), some wire, and (optionally) a protoboard to assemble it on.

Wire the inputs of the latches to the 8 data lines on the parallel port, and to the data lines on the cart connector. Wire the output lines ot the latches to the address lines of the cart connector. Wire the output enables of the latches to enabled. Wire the control lines ot the parallel port to the load pins of the latches, and to the relevant control pins on the cart connector. Power and ground are left as an excersize for the reader.

This gadget will hang off the parallel port of your computer (it must be a bidirectional port for this to work, most ports are these days), and will require special software (which is also left as an excersize for the reader).

I make no gaurantees as to how well this will work, as I have not built one of these myself (I have one partially completed, but I haven't got time to finish it).

> Thanx for responding

--Nyef

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!