SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Pallete

Reply to topic
Jason Starr
Pallete
Post Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2000 5:34 am
Im just curious.. where does the SMS keep the palette details. I know it can be a total of 64 colours with 2 bits each for red green and blue colours. Then the ROM puts 16 values into palette ram each for BACKGround and Sprites. How do we know what the colours are the ones that it writes to palette ram? Do we just go by the eye and see which colours are the best or what?
Also I am still having problems with the entire GFX area.. if anyone could provide more details on what i need to do it would be appreciated, thank you.
-Jason Starr-

Nyef
Post Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2000 1:47 pm
> Im just curious.. where does the SMS keep the palette details. I know it can be a total of 64 colours with 2 bits each for red green and blue colours. Then the ROM puts 16 values into palette ram each for BACKGround and Sprites. How do we know what the colours are the ones that it writes to palette ram? Do we just go by the eye and see which colours are the best or what?
> Also I am still having problems with the entire GFX area.. if anyone could provide more details on what i need to do it would be appreciated, thank you.

At this point, I'm just going to recommend the UTSL approach. Find some emulator source code--like DarcNES--and see how it handles graphics.

> -Jason Starr-

--Nyef

Nyef
Okay, who set this board up so that left and right brockets aren't escaped and didn't tell anyone? *nt*
Post Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2000 1:49 pm
> > Im just curious.. where does the SMS keep the palette details. I know it can be a total of 64 colours with 2 bits each for red green and blue colours. Then the ROM puts 16 values into palette ram each for BACKGround and Sprites. How do we know what the colours are the ones that it writes to palette ram? Do we just go by the eye and see which colours are the best or what?
> > Also I am still having problems with the entire GFX area.. if anyone could provide more details on what i need to do it would be appreciated, thank you.

> At this point, I'm just going to recommend the UTSL approach. Find some emulator source code--like DarcNES--and see how it handles graphics.

> > -Jason Starr-

> --Nyef

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!