Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - .VGZ Header?! Maxim? Anybody?

Reply to topic
Paul Jensen (gym2mid/vgm2
.VGZ Header?! Maxim? Anybody?
Post Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2001 11:37 pm
Hello,

Is there a header format for .VGZ files? I can't decompress the files without knowing the original size. I 'debugged' some .VGZ files and found they all had file names and some other values in their first 200 or so bytes, assumedly the original lengths, but I'm not sure.

I want to add .VGZ support to vgm2mid, and almost have, except for this little stumbling block.

Thanks,
Paul

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2001 9:45 am
> Hello,
> Is there a header format for .VGZ files? I can't decompress the files without knowing the original size. I 'debugged' some .VGZ files and found they all had file names and some other values in their first 200 or so bytes, assumedly the original lengths, but I'm not sure.
> I want to add .VGZ support to vgm2mid, and almost have, except for this little stumbling block.

A .VGZ file is just a GZipped .VGM. So you should look for GZip documentation if you want to parse the header.
rename *.VGZ -> *.VGM.GZ
Post Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2001 2:15 pm
> Hello,

> Is there a header format for .VGZ files? I can't decompress the files without knowing the original size. I 'debugged' some .VGZ files and found they all had file names and some other values in their first 200 or so bytes, assumedly the original lengths, but I'm not sure.

> I want to add .VGZ support to vgm2mid, and almost have, except for this little stumbling block.

> Thanks,
> Paul
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!