Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Resistance is futile, they will be all assimilated :-)

Reply to topic
Resistance is futile, they will be all assimilated :-)
Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2000 10:46 pm
Welcome to our new (friendly) competitor: Game Gear for the People, headed by Opoth. As you could guess it is a site releasing Game Gear ROMs. They released two games for their opening, these being PGA Tour Golf 2 and World Series Baseball. This last one is currently recognized by Meka as a bad dump but in fact isn't. I first thought it was because my verified dump from another cartridge was different but actually two versions of the game exists.

Speaking about it, here is the second version of World Series Baseball, courtesy of us this time. Please note that the game uses a custom EEPROM chipset which is only partially emulated by Meka. You won't be able to save your progress and custom teams in the game.

That's not all. Here is the original, Japanese version of Hang On for the Master System. Don't worry, there isn't any Japanese text in it. But this version has a few differences like the display of current course name, and music play when ran on a SG-1000 (you can verify by renaming the ROM to the .SG extension and run with Meka).

Hockey fans, rejoice! Here is the well known NHL Hockey for Game Gear, with it's nice gameplay and the usual crap musics you'll love to hear all day long.

This one is hilarous. I did heard about it back in the release days but never had a chance to play it until I got the cartridge not so long ago. Shaq Fu is a fighting game (made in France, hehe) featuring the basketball player Shaquille O'neil (or whatever it is spelled). Graphics and animations are pretty interesting to see, however the gameplay seems a bit weird. One to try, still. The game making weird uses of palette changes, it is recommended to use a vsync or page flipping blitter if you are using Meka, althought it's not much change.

And a last one for the good old Sega Game 1000 (SG-1000): Rockn'Bolt. This is a puzzle game where you have to "fix" all moving platforms of a level. Problem is that when a platform is fixed it doesn't move anymore, making access to other platforms somewhat harder. Once you got the principle, expece things to get really difficult in the advanced levels. Have fun!

I guess we reached 304 releases. Someone to applaude?
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!