Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Who is the oldest ? :-)

Reply to topic
Who is the oldest ? :-)
Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2000 10:19 pm
Today is SMS Power third years anniversary - yes, you heard it right! When I founded it as Master System Camp on the 27 March 1997, the site was already dedicated in bringing roms to the community. It was only a few weeks later that Master System Camp released it's first "exclusive" ROM. That was Ghostbusters if I recall correctly. Now we are still alive and bigger than before, with many new great members and even more great supporters, which I'd like to thanks a million time for they continuous help.

On the bad news front, I have lost about 350 unanswered e-mails but still have the sender and subjects field stored in a file. So now I am in the process of e-mailing everybody. If you have send any e-mail to me in the past 6 months and did not receive an answer, send it again, thanks!

Now about today's releases..

The first one is a nice Master System Light Phaser game you might have missed back in the old days as it is not very common: Wanted. A pure Cowboy styled game. Having played it hours on a real system, I can say it is quite hard at the end, but it might be a little easier playing with mouse under an emulator. Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy this one!

Second game is Addams Family for the Master System. This is a late UK platform game. If you have ever played the Super N*ntendo version, I guess it is very similar. Else give it a look.

Third release is the Japanese version of Lord of Sword, for Mark 3 / Master System. This is a well done action/adventure game. Supposed to be nice but honnestly I never went far in this game (don't worry, I'll give it a week-end one day or another ;-). I can say that the FM musics in it are very nice, thought.

Fourth release is one of those rare Sega Game 1000 game: Pop Flamer. I'll give my hand to cut that it is an arcade port, as the game is so arcade stylish. Someone to tell me I am right? It plays on little maze/area and you have to avoid enemy (also burn them, hehe) and pop ballons.

Finally, the fifth one is the much requested Virtua Fighter Mini for the Game Gear. This is a complete and working dump, unlike the one floating around since a year which will show nothing but a black screen. So basically you can play that famous arcade fighting on your Game Gear, err, I mean on your favorite emulator. This version of the game features a lot of pictures, making a story between fight. It's actually nicer to see animated pictures than fighting at my opinion. So because I am crazy I felt it was a good idea to make some captures. There are 51 screenshots on the download page! Happy loading :)

So that's 299 releases in total. Wow!

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!