Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - SMS Language/Compiler Development

Reply to topic
Marcelo N Magri
SMS Language/Compiler Development
Post Posted: Tue Nov 30, 1999 6:16 pm
Hi,

If anyone here is interested in develop a Tool for creating games for SMS/GG, please contact me.
I'm the webmaster from Emulatron© (http://www.mlbc.com.br/emulatron), and I'm interested in making areas for developers under my site. In them, we could develop tools like that, as open source.

The tool for SMS/GG games would be:

- A compiler/linker/assembly
- A tool for creating graphics
- A tool for creating sound/music

Again, if anyone here *is* interested in developing this kind of tool, please contact me at sms2k@hotmail.com

Post Posted: Tue Nov 30, 1999 7:21 pm
I believe we are all here interested in developing such programs.
And there no need to contact you directly, it will only close the projects to some inventive persons. Just discuss about it here if you have specific ideas to tell us about.
(on a side note, there is already different usable and good compilers for the z80)
Marcelo Nogueira Magri
Post Posted: Tue Nov 30, 1999 9:15 pm
Sorry if my post offended you. That was not my intention, and I'll not be doing that again.. =(

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 1999 5:37 am
> Sorry if my post offended you. That was not my intention, and I'll not be doing that again.. =(

You didn't offend me, and I hope no one else :)
I just feel that publicly discussing about the subject is better than closing it to a few persons.
Marcelo N Magri
Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 1999 9:23 am
> > Sorry if my post offended you. That was not my intention, and I'll not be doing that again.. =(

> You didn't offend me, and I hope no one else :)
> I just feel that publicly discussing about the subject is better than closing it to a few persons.

My intention was not close it to some person only. I just see things in other way: I see your really great board as a space for *emu* developers. What I wanted to say is: let's keep this one focused in *emu* development, and let's give birth to another place, for people that want to develop tools to create games. I agree when you say that there are good assembly for z80 out there. But my intention is to create tools that has a proprietary sintax, or that sounds like C, Basic, Pascal or any thing like that, to get things even easier.
My intention is to keep this board focused in *emu* development, and create a space for compiler developers. Another point is: I'll be assuming projects not only for SMS, but for NGPC too (at least for a while, if more come, better =). Things could get confused if someday a person come here and see discussions around compilers, emulators, graphical tools that create SMS tiles and so on...
Well... my invite is done and kept... if anyone is interested...
Sorry if I undesrtood you the wrong way, Zoop... I, personally, think of you as a great guy... hope it doesn't affect any kind of relationship we may come to have in future...

Regards,

Marcelo

Nyef
Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 1999 1:47 pm
> My intention was not close it to some person only. I just see things in other way: I see your really great board as a space for *emu* developers. What I wanted to say is: let's keep this one focused in *emu* development, and let's give birth to another place, for people that want to develop tools to create games. I agree when you say that there are good assembly for z80 out there. But my intention is to create tools that has a proprietary sintax, or that sounds like C, Basic, Pascal or any thing like that, to get things even easier.

"This is a discussion board related to programming and ROM hacking for the 8-bit Sega systems". Technically, emulator discussion is off topic save as it pertains either to rom hacking or development or chris's life. :-)

And this board is not focused on emu development. There's hardware modifications discussed occasionally, at least one translation project, and some people are making their own demos/games.

> My intention is to keep this board focused in *emu* development, and create a space for compiler developers. Another point is: I'll be assuming projects not only for SMS, but for NGPC too (at least for a while, if more come, better =). Things could get confused if someday a person come here and see discussions around compilers, emulators, graphical tools that create SMS tiles and so on...

Not really, because all such discussions would be on topic. If I weren't busy with a pile of other things I'd probably be working on a assembler/linker for 8-bit devices (followed by a C compiler), and perhaps stuff like tile editors and whatnot.

--Nyef

Marcelo N Magri
Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 1999 4:39 pm
Ok. Enough.
I said: if *anyone* is interested, contact me.
I don't see a reason for so many flames.
Sorry to everyone who has been offended by any of my posts.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 1999 10:00 pm
> Ok. Enough.
> I said: if *anyone* is interested, contact me.
> I don't see a reason for so many flames.
> Sorry to everyone who has been offended by any of my posts.

Sorry if we did offend you, actually.
There were no flamming here - just discussions.
And in any ideas you ideas and offers are welcome.
What flames?
Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 1999 12:11 am
> Ok. Enough.
> I said: if *anyone* is interested, contact me.
> I don't see a reason for so many flames.
> Sorry to everyone who has been offended by any of my posts.

You should check out what "The Ass" got in the SMS Power forum!
Now, that is flaming!
Most people on this forum are pretty docile in comparison :P

~unfnknblvbl
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!