Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - [Forums] Good behavior reminders

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
[Forums] Good behavior reminders
Post Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:59 am
Hi,

I don't want to sound like oppressing or being obsessed, but with new users coming on a daily basis, I'd rather remind you about our basic rules so we don't self-destruct.

1. As much as you can, write in correct english. That includes sentences with verbs, punctuation, capitalized letters, etc. We won't hold against anyone not mastering english (who is?) but at least make an effort on the syntax.

2. MAKE SUBJECTS EXPLICIT
A subject such as "Hey" or "Look at this" is not explicit. A subject such as "for sale", or "help me on this game" is not explicit either. As much as possible, make it that someone can guess the content of the post before reading it. It eases filtering and retrieving of contents.

3. Avoid posting to add nothing interesting

Those are general good behavior rules in order to make SMS Power forums stand against the billion of polluted forums of the internet. Quality over quantity, please.. Together, let's continue working on that.

I'd like to state that in the past few weeks I have renamed half a dozen non-explicit post subjects and abusively deleted one or two useless posts. I hope to avoid that in the future, and I will rather send a private message to the post owner explaining how he can improve his subject line, etc.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!