SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Keyboard Programming

Reply to topic
Chris
Keyboard Programming
Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 1999 7:35 pm
How can I effeciently check the status of the keyboard with no delay? Everytime I check it, either
in C or Basic I'm limited to the repeat rate of the BIOS. How do I break that BIOS repeat rate
lock and read directly from the keyboard? I know that you read a byte from port 0x60 but
that's about it. A response in Assembler will be greatly appreciated. If it's in asm, then I can
use it in just about any language :o)

Chris :o)

Nyef
Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 1999 7:46 pm
> How can I effeciently check the status of the keyboard with no delay? Everytime I check it, either
> in C or Basic I'm limited to the repeat rate of the BIOS. How do I break that BIOS repeat rate
> lock and read directly from the keyboard? I know that you read a byte from port 0x60 but
> that's about it. A response in Assembler will be greatly appreciated. If it's in asm, then I can
> use it in just about any language :o)

I'm not going to post ASM here, because there are several lookup tables involved (not to mention the interrupt handler).

I suggest looking at the following: Allegro, Linux kernels, ELKS kernels, the PCGPE, possibly the SVGALib source, there's some example keyboard stuff that is available for DJGPP (in v2tk, if memory serves), and so on.

> Chris :o)

--Nyef

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!