SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Kujakuou

Reply to topic
NOMAD
Kujakuou
Post Posted: Tue Sep 21, 1999 12:51 am
If you guys are going to Translate this game, will the Title Be Kujakuou, Peacock King, or Peacock King Kujakuou???/

H-Clone
Post Posted: Tue Sep 21, 1999 12:01 pm
> If you guys are going to Translate this game, will the Title Be Kujakuou, Peacock King, or Peacock King Kujakuou???/

We're not really sure. I'm currently re-assembling a group who I got together before to translate the game, only to discover we couldn't find the ROM . What we did find was a couple of NES titles called Kujakuou made by a company called Pony Canyon in 1986/7, both in Japanese. The first one of these appears to be *very* similar to the original SMS title, although the character design looks more similar to the US version, and there are no action sequences (all dealt with in the same adventure front end as SMS Spellcaster). The second title had the traits of an anime tie in, and I have seen evidence of a Kujakuou anime... If anyone would be interested in translating those, I can mail you the ROMs. If anyone has an information about the games, mail me.

Oh yeah, back to the topic. We'll decide on this when the group gets back together... The Peacock King would seem the most logical choice, but Kujakuou sounds cooler, and Spellcaster is more familiar.

Fans of the title should check out Mystic Defender on the Megadrive/Genesis, which can be changed into Kujakuou 2 by the flick of the country switch in most emus.

H-Clone

NOMAD
Re: Kujakuou Anime and something for Zoop
Post Posted: Thu Sep 23, 1999 4:54 am
I seen Videos of the Anime Released in English here in the States, although I didn't actually see them yet. The Story of the Anime seems to take place sometime During World War 2, also, if you beat the Game of Mystic Defender, you get a Surprise..... the Princess isn't wearing any Clothes!!!! I just put that in to Surpise you guys!!! anyways, are you guys going to do something like the Li-Chan and Nukunuku's Site that has a Frontend that Automatically Patches the ROMs??? Or Zoop, could you do something like what the ZSNES team has done and Implement an Automatic Patching Tool into MEKA??? That would be cool, thanks

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!