SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - [Forums] Correct subjects, please

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
[Forums] Correct subjects, please
Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:46 pm
Some posters might have noticed that I edited a few subjects recently. I don't want to sound extreme, but I'd like to remind you of the importance of correct subjects in your posts. The reason for this is that beside regulars who read most or all threads, there's plenty of people who can't read everything, or some looking for certain information and browsing thru the thread list.

Proper subjects then become important. Don't force people to click to know what it is talking about.

Exemple of what I think are incorrect thread subjects (*):

"Manual scan" which I renamed to "Manual scan for PC Engine Adventure Island".

"Anyone have scans of this manual..." should be something such as "Anyone have scans of Alex Kidd in Shinobi manual?".

Both are related to manual scans in this exemple, but anything such as "I have a question", "Help me" or "Look at this!" fits in the description.

(*) no hard feeling on any of the poster. Everyone makes this mistake, I did and probably everyone did in the past. I'm just trying to make my point by taking recent exemple. Now that we have forum archives it's better if subjects were explicit and self-contained.

"Son of a Peach!" is also off-topic and I considered deleting it but I don't want to sound like some fascist webmaster (which I probably already am).

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:28 pm
we should have an explicitly "off-topic"or "general" forum - now that this place has a more attractive forum to visit, more people are going to post, and the more people that there are to post, the more 'off-topic' stuff is going to spring up...
Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:56 pm
I don't like that idea. Although it might get rid of off-topic posts, I think it will also attract the average chitchatter who might not be that interested in Sega 8-bit systems and games.

I might be wrong though :)
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!