Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Have you heard of this?

Reply to topic
Have you heard of this?
Post Posted: Mon Aug 16, 1999 7:01 am
My freind just brought me this weird-arsed system.
It is a black SNES looking system with a 15-pin joystick interface on either side near the front.
It has a 60-pin cartridge input towards the back with an 'eject' button right at the back.
It takes a 10-volt AC adaptor (Mega CD :) and has a TV output as well as mono AV outputs.
It is labeled as a 'Good Boy' in gold lettering/logo at the front of the top, in between the power and reset buttons.
It is really lightweight, lighter than a SMS II.
It also has slots on either side of it where you can put the controllers when they are not in use. Strange.
Can anybody help me?
~unfnknblvbl
Post Posted: Mon Aug 16, 1999 5:31 pm
1. Make a photo of it, if possible
2. Count the number of buttons on the system, and on the paddles. it'll help knowing what it is.
3. I suppose don't you have any games?
Post Posted: Tue Aug 17, 1999 12:25 am

> 1. Make a photo of it, if possible

Sorry, not at the moment.

> 2. Count the number of buttons on the system, and on the paddles. it'll help knowing what it is.

Sorry, I should have thought of that.
Power and Reset are situated at the front of the system, with a little red LED on the right-hand side of the power button, and an eject button right at the back, behind the cartridge slot.
It has a two-button controller as well as select, start and turbo buttons. The controller is a joypad, kind of like a NES controller.

> 3. I suppose don't you have any games?

No. It was marked as being able to plat SMS games, but it does not.
It was also marked as costing $7AUD, but because the label was wrong, my friend got it, and the cables/joypad for $2AUD

~unfnknblvbl
Post Posted: Tue Aug 17, 1999 8:50 pm
> > 2. Count the number of buttons on the system, and on the paddles. it'll help knowing what it is.
> Sorry, I should have thought of that.
> Power and Reset are situated at the front of the system, with a little red LED on the right-hand side of the power button, and an eject button right at the back, behind the cartridge slot.
> It has a two-button controller as well as select, start and turbo buttons. The controller is a joypad, kind of like a NES controller.

Then I believe it's a NES. There are tons of pirate NES clones!
Eric
Post Posted: Wed Aug 18, 1999 6:25 pm
> > > 2. Count the number of buttons on the system, and on the paddles. it'll help knowing what it is.
> > Sorry, I should have thought of that.
> > Power and Reset are situated at the front of the system, with a little red LED on the right-hand side of the power button, and an eject button right at the back, behind the cartridge slot.
> > It has a two-button controller as well as select, start and turbo buttons. The controller is a joypad, kind of like a NES controller.

> Then I believe it's a NES. There are tons of pirate NES clones!

Yes, it sounds like a Famicom clone.

Check out these pictures of Famicom units:

http://atarihq.com/tsr/odd/scans/famicom.html

Eric

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!