Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Forum - Code/quote blocks

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
Re: Adding proto/demo to SMS Overseas Games List
Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:20 pm
ICEknight wrote
By the way, kinda off topic... Any chances of making those "CODE", "QUOTE" etc texts a bit taller?

Done. Funny that I was just doing that THEN I read your post.

Notice (maybe you could not see that if it was broken with your browser, and then I'd like to know) that both can be expanded by clicking the little + to see the whole quote/code.

Anyway, what I did now is that I made quote blocks taller by default (before being expanded), and I totally removed the feature for Code blocks, since there's no reason to hide them.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:53 am
Bock wrote
I totally removed the feature for Code blocks, since there's no reason to hide them.

What about when some idiot comes along and posts his entire 10K source? I'd rather keep the feature for CODE blocks - if I want to read the code, I can expand it, and if I don't, it doesn't make a big region in the middle of the post that I have to scroll past to read what's above and below it. Well, let's wait and see if it causes problems. As it is now, code blocks don't get a Code: header at all.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:26 pm
What about if someone post 10K worth of text, not in a block? Same problem apply. It's a minor problem.
Code allows to display fixed width text. Can be used for drawing schematics in ASCII art, etc. More code extracts aren't 10K, they are fairly sized.

If a code block is embedded in a quote one, the quote one will shrink down anyway, so only the original post will have the code block shown at full size. Which seems pretty logical to me.

Like you say. Wait and see.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!