SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Possible Improvements To The Forums

Reply to topic
Possible Improvements To The Forums
Post Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:47 am
Hello,

Just a quick word on what I feel an improvement may be to the SMS Power! Forum Pages.

I think that it would be a good idea if a search was introduced and this would make it so much easier to navigate to a specific forum message as their is some helpfull information.

The search filds could be mde to search things for game hacks, technology, schematics e.t.c

I think that a forum users account may be a good idea so you don't get people pointlessly putting messages on the forums and wasting your sever space and it would avoid people frauding others names as I have seen. That dissapoints me (you would think that the people don't see their IP address!)

On a downside I would like it if a person who places a message on the forum for their IP address to remain anonomys.

I am also experienced in basic coding of html so if any hep is required reply as I check the forums regularly. I am willing to learn new coding if necessary

Have a good day.

some of my websites
Sonic Website
  • Site Admin
W-Agora
Post Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:27 pm
Thanks for the post. I am aware that the forum needs some improvements things a long time. Recently I've been working on building scripts to merge and re-export all existing forum messages, in the hope of keeping them for when we found a new
forum.

Maxim pointed me to a site today: http://opensourcecms.com, which give access to various pre-installed web scripts.

Among them, we found W-Agora:
http://opensourcecms.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=192

It looks great to me. We can tune it in various way. It's very simple, and allow keeping a threaded system while adding user accounts, search features, and thread open/close things.

The homepage is here:
http://www.w-agora.net/en/index.php

What do you think?
I'll spend some time this or next week-end to tune and install this forum and see if it fits well.
  • Site Admin
Re: W-Agora **I LIKE IT**
Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:03 am
I rather like it. seems nice and simple. easy to read and access. I cant see as to any reason not to switch to that format. :)
  • Site Admin
Trying now
Post Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:58 pm
> I rather like it. seems nice and simple. easy to read and access. I cant see as to any reason not to switch to that format. :)

I defined my planning for this week :)
- Try to install W-Agora
- New MEKA release
- New Roms
(among other stuff)

Working on W-Agora now!
  • Site Admin
Followup
Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:09 pm
> Working on W-Agora now!

I did some basic installation, but configuring W-Agora properly semes to be very long. It needs to have many HTML/CSS template modified to fit your website, etc. I still think it's a good idea, but I wanted to fix up a global SMS Power CSS for usage inside W-Agora.

I'm also investigation how to merge existing wwwboard archive into W-Agora.
MaDMaLKaV
Re: Followup
Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:23 pm
If you are going to use a CMS, I seriously recommend Mambo (http://www.mamboserver.com). I have no idea of web creation, but I'm using it to make an internal website on my job and it is working awesome. Is so easy you won't need to write a single code line, the administration panel is easy to handle and intuitive, and you will find lots of templates and addons on the net http://mamboforge.net , for example, is a good repository for Mambo related stuff).

Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:18 am
if I may make a couple of suggestions:

- the New Reply and New Post buttons are really hard to see for some reason - they seem to blend right in to the background

- a "Quick Reply" hack would be awesome - there's literally oodles of phpBB hacks out there, and Quickreply seems to be the most useful. Basically what this does is create a text box at the bottom of the page which you can use to reply to the topic without having to load up another page.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!