Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - vgm

Reply to topic
vgm
Post Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:41 pm
If you left out the dates of when a new vgm is released, less people would know how long it's been and bug you.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:43 pm
> If you left out the dates of when a new vgm is released, less people would know how long it's been and bug you.

If mankind was more thanksful, less people would bug us for non-regular update of something done for free.

Frank, you are officially my new source of depression.
Take care.
Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:28 pm
Sorry Bock but I am thankful for your free website. :) It was just some advice on general web site building that almost everybody knows. I thought your answer was not very nice at first. Must have been written before the new forum rules. I guess you ment to be funny. Cheer up ol' chap. :)

Bock wrote
> If you left out the dates of when a new vgm is released, less people would know how long it's been and bug you.

If mankind was more thanksful, less people would bug us for non-regular update of something done for free.

Frank, you are officially my new source of depression.
Take care.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:52 pm
Frank, I gotta admit that my answer was rude. Sorry for that.
Once in a while, there's posts that bring doubts about what we're doing and how people appreciate it, and it makes me sad.

I agree that there's not much VGM packages being sorted/released, but Maxim has lots of work and is spending quality time on that and other SMS-related stuff.

The best you people can do to help is to provide good VGM packages by taking the time to read and care about our maniac quality guidelines. Doing so will not only speed up the posting process (if ever Maxim can look at them :) but most importantly, gives you more experience, more knowledge and to us more trust.

Hopefully, this scheme could lead in someone else than Maxim (hello CRV!) handling VGM packages submission, meaning Maxim can concentrate on other stuff, etc. The ultimate goal is to have more people working on the site on different area. If we can form a core of, say, 6-7 people doing serious quality work, addition of data on SMS Power will skyrocket.

Too few people are working on SMS Power now, and we have our share of responsibility because maybe we're too exigeant and only looking for exigeant people. Also because people in the past offered their help in various ways and we could not handle everything or let them express themselves better or give them good condition to self-evolve doing those things. People are the key to the success of SMS Power and we should be working more on making people motivated to help. :)

Thanks again to everyone who's helping in one form or another.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:32 pm
Bock wrote
maybe we're too exigeant and only looking for exigeant people.

Well, I had to look it up :)

Note 1: (exigeant)

A Frence word meaning "exacting, particular, hard to please." In English the word exigent has the same meaning (though exigent also means "urgent".)

"Exigent" is not a commonly used word. A loose translation would be "fussy" or maybe "anal" :)

Anyway, I am dealing with Furanku's VGMs privately now. It is sad to say (and this is a general fact) that people seem not to make as much effort reading instructions as we do writing them, which multiplies our work as a result instead of reducing it. I admit I am very fussy over VGM quality but I prefer that to having no standard at all.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!