Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - SSF?

Reply to topic
SSF?
Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 1999 12:33 pm
Seeing as we haven't heard from this side of things for a little while, how goes it?
I really like the idea of this. It shows a lot of potential.
Maybe if we get far enough, Sega might actually release some official development software and docs.
Hmm....
Has anybody thought of actually asking Sega for some Tech Docs?
Chris
Listen...
Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 1999 4:44 pm
Think about what in the hell you just asked. Check it out...

Today you get together with a couple of buddies and design an entertainment console with blue
prints and all. You take a really huge loan from the bank and pay manufactures to create and
distribute your product. You go back to your computer with you're buddies and write a couple of
games for the magnificent piece of hardware you just created. You too ask the manufacturers
to create and distribute those games. A couple of days later you get an E-mail from Virgin
Entertainment asking how they could become a 3rd party development member and create
games for your new wonderful system. You type of a huge document and send it to them.
A couple of months down the line money is pouring in and Virgin sends you a copy of their
latest game for verification. You are very supprised at the quality put into this game so you
send it back and they begin to manufacture that peticular game.

6 years go by and you're system isn't entirely favorable anymore. There's all these new and
powerful systems that have come out and their taking your profits. But hey, it was good while
it lasted. You got world recognition, you had 3rd party developers to help create and distribute
games to support your system and you made millions. Now, 5 more years after that you
get an E-Mail from some High School kid asking for all of the information he can on the
great system you created.

Now, if this were my case. Hell no! And I agree where there comming from. You don't just
give away confidential information like that. That same High School kid could study those
blue prints inside out, write little emulators on the net, and then he decides one day to
invent some super system that will pose a threat to you're companies current business.

It's bad enough that were's bending the rules by writing emulators to their systems and distributing
them over the net. The Rom distribution dosen't help either. And you expect to gain information
from a video game company. They feel like they've been violated.

That's like me raping your daughter and then asking your for a favor so I could probably one
day screw you over.

Chris :o)

Fine. (but I don't have a daughter ;) *nt*
Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 1999 5:04 pm
~
Designing a console system
Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 1999 9:30 pm
> Think about what in the hell you just asked. Check it out...
[..]

Also try to think about what you're saying sometimes. Do you think it is so easy to design the hardware of such a system, get a contract with 3rd parties developers and sell your system all around the world ?
There was hundreds (if not thousand) of people working on designing the SMS, programming games for it, making contracts, etc..
OK, I'll be good *nt*
Post Posted: Fri Jul 30, 1999 8:43 am

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!