SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Programming In Sega16Bits!

Reply to topic
Alex'99
Programming In Sega16Bits!
Post Posted: Wed Jun 30, 1999 12:15 pm
I listened about the POWER_BASE_CONVERTER and I have a curiosity.
That means that the SEGA_MEGADRIVE_VDP is compatible with MASTER_SYSTEM_VDP. Somebody knows the VDP_REGISTER inside of MODE_Z80_Programming in the SEGA_MEGADRIVE.

Thank you.

Alex'99

Backward compatibility
Post Posted: Wed Jun 30, 1999 6:42 pm
> I listened about the POWER_BASE_CONVERTER and I have a curiosity.
> That means that the SEGA_MEGADRIVE_VDP is compatible with MASTER_SYSTEM_VDP. Somebody knows the VDP_REGISTER inside of MODE_Z80_Programming in the SEGA_MEGADRIVE.

I_BELIEVE_THERE_IS_SOME_BITS in some MEGADRIVE_VDP_REGISTERS that make the VDP act as a MASTER_SYSTEM_ONE. You could notice by STUDYING_THE_MEGADRIVE that VDP registers are VERY_SIMILAR to the one on the MASTER_SYSTEM.

Just a question.. why are you talking LIKE_THAT ?
Alex'99
Re: Backward compatibility
Post Posted: Wed Jun 30, 1999 11:20 pm
> I_BELIEVE_THERE_IS_SOME_BITS in some MEGADRIVE_VDP_REGISTERS that make the VDP act as a MASTER_SYSTEM_ONE. You could notice by STUDYING_THE_MEGADRIVE that VDP registers are VERY_SIMILAR to the one on the MASTER_SYSTEM.

> Just a question.. why are you talking LIKE_THAT ?

Answer:I know very little the English language and I am using a TRANSLATION_PROGRAM.
I want to develop SMS_GAMES with a Sega16bits, I possess a HARDWARE_DEVELOPMENT_TOOL (PSYQ).

Post Posted: Wed Jun 30, 1999 11:35 pm
>> Just a question.. why are you talking LIKE_THAT ?
> Answer:I know very little the English language and I am using a TRANSLATION_PROGRAM.

Sorry if I did sound arrogant, then :(
Where do you live ?

> I want to develop SMS_GAMES with a Sega16bits, I possess a HARDWARE_DEVELOPMENT_TOOL (PSYQ).

Hmm.. well. I know at least two cartridges that uses the SMS mode (Phantasy Star 1 for Genesis, and a pirate cartridge with 12 SMS games) and both are not dumpable and seems to contains additionnal hardware, like if it cannot be done by only poking a few registers.
I think I could ask "Flavio Morsoletto" (maybe he is reading this ?) as I know he got SMS programs running on a Genesis.
Alex'99
Post Posted: Wed Jun 30, 1999 11:57 pm

> Sorry if I did sound arrogant, then :(
> Where do you live ?
I live in S..........................! :)
> > I want to develop SMS_GAMES with a Sega16bits, I possess a HARDWARE_DEVELOPMENT_TOOL (PSYQ).

> Hmm.. well. I know at least two cartridges that uses the SMS mode (Phantasy Star 1 for Genesis, and a pirate cartridge with 12 SMS games) and both are not dumpable and seems to contains additionnal hardware, like if it cannot be done by only poking a few registers.
> I think I could ask "Flavio Morsoletto" (maybe he is reading this ?) as I know he got SMS programs running on a Genesis.

Where I can contact with him.

Thank for your PATIENCE.

:)

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!