Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - quest. about outrun3d and sugest. to maxim..

Reply to topic
Shaka
quest. about outrun3d and sugest. to maxim..
Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 3:58 am
Question : Who is the original author of the Out Run 3d Music ???
Out Run music author name is also appreciated

Suggestion : How about a option to display a toolbox with a game screen shot in it ?? (it could be a simple file, named gamename.jpg in a 320x240 toolbox..) i know i would like it..
actually i liked the idea so much that i started working on a plugin to do this.. but i havent got far.. so far it only displays a picture named Filename.jpg on a toolbox at 320x240, but it have to be 1 for each tune..).

--Shaka

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 1:16 pm
> Question : Who is the original author of the Out Run 3d Music ???

I just spent *hours* looking for this, because I'm so sure it's out there somewhere. I played through OR3D but there's nothing... in the end I found quite a lot of references to "Sega S.S.T. Band", S.S.T. standing for "Super Sonic Team", who didn't exist at the time... anyway, check out this page and get the MIDIs of Magical Sound Shower, they're excellent (XG version rocks but you might need an XG chip).

> Out Run music author name is also appreciated

It's the same music :P so it's the same author.

> Suggestion : How about a option to display a toolbox with a game screen shot in it ?? (it could be a simple file, named gamename.jpg in a 320x240 toolbox..) i know i would like it..
> actually i liked the idea so much that i started working on a plugin to do this.. but i havent got far.. so far it only displays a picture named Filename.jpg on a toolbox at 320x240, but it have to be 1 for each tune..).

There are loads of plugins available which will display images in Winamp, generally for album covers but equally for that.

Maxim
Shaka
Post Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 3:11 am
> I just spent *hours* looking for this, because I'm so sure it's out there somewhere. I played through OR3D but there's nothing... in the end I found quite a lot of references to "Sega S.S.T. Band", S.S.T. standing for "Super Sonic Team", who didn't exist at the time... anyway, check out this page and get the MIDIs of Magical Sound Shower, they're excellent (XG version rocks but you might need an XG chip).

nice midis..
well.. i guess that unknown i put in the files is valid..
maybe the SST Band has been renamed.. and it is the same guys who wrote the outrun song ???

> > Out Run music author name is also appreciated

> It's the same music :P so it's the same author.

midnight highway, color ocean and shining wind are not in the original outrun.. the sound track for the original version is :

Magical Sound Shower
Passing Breeze
Splash Wave
Step on Beat (Genesis Version Exclusive).
Last Wave

so i tought it might have a different author...

> > Suggestion : How about a option to display a toolbox with a game screen shot in it ?? (it could be a simple file, named gamename.jpg in a 320x240 toolbox..) i know i would like it..
> > actually i liked the idea so much that i started working on a plugin to do this.. but i havent got far.. so far it only displays a picture named Filename.jpg on a toolbox at 320x240, but it have to be 1 for each tune..).

> There are loads of plugins available which will display images in Winamp, generally for album covers but equally for that.

really ?? i need to visit winamp.com more often..
hehe

--Shaka

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!