SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - A what if question...

Reply to topic
Cap'n Spanky
A what if question...
Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2001 9:24 pm
What if someone wanted to make a special drive that works with the PC via the USB port called the Master Drive, that you pop carts into it to play them on the PC without and emu? I got a friend who tinkers with electronics, he got the idea from seeing portable atari 2600 project.

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2001 1:59 am
> What if someone wanted to make a special drive that works with the PC via the USB port called the Master Drive, that you pop carts into it to play them on the PC without and emu? I got a friend who tinkers with electronics, he got the idea from seeing portable atari 2600 project.

Uh, I don't see the point.
I guess, basically, it's an SMS with video/audio out being encoded digitally and piped through USB (like some kind of quick cam) and getting the input from the computer's controller (keyboard, game pad, whatever), also transmitted via USB.

So, um, whY?

What would really be cool would be a portable Sega Master System.
Yep, that'd be awesome. If only there was such a thing as a portable Sega Master System...

...oh, wait, there is. AND I HAVE ONE!
Cap'n Spanky
Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2001 2:07 am
Oh electronics nuts make some dumb stuff....for the simple reason they can, I got a Betamax adapter for a VHS XD useless but it was fun to make, MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
my next idiotic project, a radio, that has moving pictures to coincide with the sound....I will call it....Radiovision
(You DO know I am BS-ing about that last part don't ya?)

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!