Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - What the...??? (concerning Phantasy Star)

Reply to topic
Blackjax
What the...??? (concerning Phantasy Star)
Post Posted: Wed Nov 24, 1999 7:08 pm

I was reading Scribe's GSO and was looking at the Phantasy Star MD entry and noticed this in the Interesting Facts section

"Owners of the actual Phantasy Star MD cartridge will get to enjoy a special bonus - the FM music tracks that were included as part of the SC3000 original. They were removed and replaced with less sophisticated tunes when the game was adapted for the Sega Master System."

SC3000? Is the japanese Phantasy Star with the FM music actually a SC3000 disk or is the Scribe incorrect?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 24, 1999 10:17 pm
> I was reading Scribe's GSO and was looking at the Phantasy Star MD entry and noticed this in the Interesting Facts section

> "Owners of the actual Phantasy Star MD cartridge will get to enjoy a special bonus - the FM music tracks that were included as part of the SC3000 original. They were removed and replaced with less sophisticated tunes when the game was adapted for the Sega Master System."

> SC3000? Is the japanese Phantasy Star with the FM music actually a SC3000 disk or is the Scribe incorrect?

Sam Pettus is wrong (and that wouldn't be the first time...), as he obviously don't know what he is talking about.
And also I would point a second fault which is that the MD version *doesn't* have the FM musics. I listened to it and compared.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!