SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - off topic: genesis

Reply to topic
EXE:Danni
off topic: genesis
Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 1999 12:27 pm
There are a couple of Genesis / Megadrive roms that I have been looking for during the last couyple of weeks, but been unable to find. My question is: is there a site similar to SMS Power dealing with the Sega Genesis, maybe somewhere where one could request a rom, or one which has a *really* complete archive of games?

Thanks,

paul
Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 1999 8:01 pm
> There are a couple of Genesis / Megadrive roms that I have been looking for during the last couyple of weeks, but been unable to find. My question is: is there a site similar to SMS Power dealing with the Sega Genesis, maybe somewhere where one could request a rom, or one which has a *really* complete archive of games?

> Thanks,

> EXE:Danni

What do you need? if they were ever dumped I probably have them :) Sorry, I dont have a list of all my games so dont ask :)

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 1999 11:16 pm

> What do you need? if they were ever dumped I probably have them :) Sorry, I dont have a list of all my games so dont ask :)

Does Splatterhouse2 was ever dumped WITHOUT the trainner ? ( i mean , with a good checksum ) ...
SoulBlazer
I have one....a WORKING dump of Pirates Gold? Thanks! (NT)
Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 1999 12:18 am

paul
Splatterhouse 2
Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 1999 2:50 am

> > What do you need? if they were ever dumped I probably have them :) Sorry, I dont have a list of all my games so dont ask :)

> Does Splatterhouse2 was ever dumped WITHOUT the trainner ? ( i mean , with a good checksum ) ...

I have splatterhouse 2 without intro/trainer, though the checksum doesn't match the header, it's probably just been 'fixed' to play overseas, as it seems to be working and I don't think it's a bad dump.

I *might* have an 'non-fixed' version in one of my floppy disks from years ago, Since i'm in the USA if it was the USA version of the game I highly doubt I would have patched it unneccesarily at the time. If I get bored i will look through the 100's of disks and see if I run across it :)

Paul
Re: I have one....a WORKING dump of Pirates Gold? Thanks! (NT)
Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 1999 2:57 am
It works, you just have to play it on a real genesis :) I guess emulators can't handle it yet.

I have the Censor release w/ the intro and an untainted dump w/ correct checksum, both behave the same way on emulator (reset when you press START). So I guess they had some trick up their sleeve :)

Get a Magic Drive or something and play it for real on your genesis/megadrive :)

Paul
Re: Splatterhouse 2
Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 1999 3:06 am
I found the copy I had on disk, it has the same checksum as the other non-trained copy I had. So either that is how it was released or the checksum was wrong in the first place...

Paul
Re: I have one....a WORKING dump of Pirates Gold? Thanks! (NT)
Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 1999 3:11 am
Oops I just forgot to say the Censor version was a BETA, the other one I have is (presumably) the final version, both act the same way..

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 1999 10:43 am

>What do you need? if they were ever dumped I probably have >them :) Sorry, I dont have a list of all my games so dont >ask :)

OK, since you offer, the games I need are:

FIFA '95
StreetFighter II: Special Championship Edition
Super StreeFighter II

Any other edition of FIFA won't do, or any other StreeFighter :) I saw a dead link to FIFA '95 on a site, never the StreeFighters tho...

Re: Splatterhouse 2
Post Posted: Wed Oct 27, 1999 12:03 am
> I found the copy I had on disk, it has the same checksum as the other non-trained copy I had. So either that is how it was released or the checksum was wrong in the first place...

Cool , I allways liked these games ( the arcade one in particular , out for M**E ? YESS!!!!! ) . Maybe a little violent , but heck , arent human being ? ( it`s a shame , but it`s the truth... ) . I`d make web page , but i don`t know how . You know , html... oh well . Can you tell me where you found it ? ( if you remember where ) . It`s a good thing sega doesnt act like those asses at Ni****do about roms . I`m considering the dreamcast because of this , because they are nice to the public...
Pirates Gold? What the hell are you talking about? *nt*
Post Posted: Wed Oct 27, 1999 11:31 am
> It works, you just have to play it on a real genesis :) I guess emulators can't handle it yet.

> I have the Censor release w/ the intro and an untainted dump w/ correct checksum, both behave the same way on emulator (reset when you press START). So I guess they had some trick up their sleeve :)

> Get a Magic Drive or something and play it for real on your genesis/megadrive :)

Paul
"Pirates Gold" was the name of a game, which is what we were talking about :) *nt*
Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 1999 10:20 am
hi

Paul
Re: off topic: genesis / FIFA 95 and [S]SF2
Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 1999 10:54 am
>
> >What do you need? if they were ever dumped I probably have >them :) Sorry, I dont have a list of all my games so dont >ask :)

> OK, since you offer, the games I need are:

> FIFA '95
> StreetFighter II: Special Championship Edition
> Super StreeFighter II

> Any other edition of FIFA won't do, or any other StreeFighter :) I saw a dead link to FIFA '95 on a site, never the StreeFighters tho...

> EXE:Danni

Hmm here I have FIFA 95, original release by Reaction, all the way from 01 November 1994 :) It's about 1.2megabytes so let me know if you want it..

Super SF2 that is 32mbit is a bad dump (8mbit of it are missing, oops :), I don't have a proper 40mbit dump of Super Street Fighter 2, I would do one myself (I would try, anyway :), if I ever owned the game. But none of my friends ever had it and the stores have long stopped renting Genesis games around here. Plus I really don't like fighting games very much so it never really concerned me :)

I have a few version of Street Fighter 2, there is the bootleg version ST II' Turbo, Street fighter II Plus Champion Edition (japan), and Street Fighter II SCE (usa). The bootleg one is 16mbit the other legit Capcom releases are 24mbit if my memory is holding up to the test of time :) Maybe there was 1 other SF2 game on genesis, I cant remember, those years are all a blur in my mind :)

Re: off topic: genesis / FIFA 95 and [S]SF2
Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 1999 11:30 am
> >
> > >What do you need? if they were ever dumped I probably have >them :) Sorry, I dont have a list of all my games so dont >ask :)

> > OK, since you offer, the games I need are:

> > FIFA '95
> > StreetFighter II: Special Championship Edition
> > Super StreeFighter II

> > Any other edition of FIFA won't do, or any other StreeFighter :) I saw a dead link to FIFA '95 on a site, never the StreeFighters tho...

> > EXE:Danni

> Hmm here I have FIFA 95, original release by Reaction, all the way from 01 November 1994 :) It's about 1.2megabytes so let me know if you want it..

> Super SF2 that is 32mbit is a bad dump (8mbit of it are missing, oops :), I don't have a proper 40mbit dump of Super Street Fighter 2, I would do one myself (I would try, anyway :), if I ever owned the game. But none of my friends ever had it and the stores have long stopped renting Genesis games around here. Plus I really don't like fighting games very much so it never really concerned me :)

> I have a few version of Street Fighter 2, there is the bootleg version ST II' Turbo, Street fighter II Plus Champion Edition (japan), and Street Fighter II SCE (usa). The bootleg one is 16mbit the other legit Capcom releases are 24mbit if my memory is holding up to the test of time :) Maybe there was 1 other SF2 game on genesis, I cant remember, those years are all a blur in my mind :)

Well, the FIFA '95 sounds really OK! As does the Streetfighter II SCE (usa). I have the original Super SF II 40 meg cart, dunno if there is any point in having it dumped.

If you feel up to it, you could mail me FIFA'95 and SFII: SCE --> dslotte@vosmail.abo.fi OR maybe upload them somewhere. It would be much appreciated, if you find the time for that :)

Thanks

Paul
ok, check your email :) nt
Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 1999 10:43 pm
>

Re: nothing yet, sure you got the right address? *nt*
Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 1999 8:50 am
> >

Paul
Re: I sent it to....
Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 1999 9:09 pm

dslotte@vosmail.abo.fi

As you specified in a previous post.

Re: OK, I am having some probs...
Post Posted: Sun Oct 31, 1999 6:24 am
with my mailserver, no new email since early Friday... Can't seem to connect properly either. I'm sure it will all sort itself out soon. Thanks in advance for the files, and if I (for some reason) am not able to receive your mail then let's call it a day. I appreciate you sending the roms, but don't want to take up any more of your time :)

got the roms, thank you *nt*
Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 1999 7:03 am

P-Strife
Hey hey hey, I just saw your problem......
Post Posted: Tue Nov 02, 1999 3:38 am
Okay, you can easily get a SF2:CE over at my site(http://pstrife.cjb.net) or you can just get VT-GEN #34 pack at a place like Kinox(http://www.kinox.org) where you just have to do a search in the site for Vertigo.

Re: still a problem
Post Posted: Tue Nov 02, 1999 1:26 pm
> Okay, you can easily get a SF2:CE over at my site(http://pstrife.cjb.net) or you can just get VT-GEN #34 pack at a place like Kinox(http://www.kinox.org) where you just have to do a search in the site for Vertigo.

OK, this is becoming a REAL long thread, BUT, you don't have a Genesis section that I could see, and Kinox has 1 (one) Genesis ROM...

OK, now I found it, thread ended *nt
Post Posted: Tue Nov 02, 1999 1:28 pm

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!