SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Probe

Reply to topic
Jon
Probe
Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 1999 1:41 am
Probe made Road Rash, Probe made Mortal Kombat...Probe is a good company.

Road Rash and MK are GOOD GAMES?? *NT*
Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 1999 3:57 am
> Probe made Road Rash, Probe made Mortal Kombat...Probe is a good company.
Hatch
They've had their ups and downs.
Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 1999 6:51 am
I remember getting Mortal Kombat the day it came out here in Australia and paying $100 bucks for it. I think it isn't a bad game on the master system although they could have done some decent beta testing in the game. It was a shocker for little weird glitches here and there. Eg. When 2 players were playing and were both being Rayden. You could get both of them to stand of complete opposite sides of the screen and what you'd do is teleport at exactly the same time. This made weird arse stuff happen on the screen and the background would screw up and stuff like that. If they had have fixed things like this in the game, it would have been tons better. Also, another glitch was went you went someone like Sonya, and did the square wave punch where you fly up and then across the screen. If you started the square wave punch and then got someone to punch you just as you left the ground, it would stop the special move, but you were floating off the ground. Then you could do the sweep kick continuously and kill the other person easily, they would have much trouble hitting you. If these kind of things had been fixed it would have been much better, but yes, I agree, it was and still is quite a good game for the master system.
Too bad, in the sequel they didn't implement it so you could do special moves at the exact same time. That sucked, I don't know why they didn't let that happen.

My thoughts anyway.. cya.

Hatch

Big Brother LS
Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 1999 12:08 pm
Alien 3 is great !

SoulBlazer
VERY good games. Classics, I dare say. :) (NT)
Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 1999 3:46 pm
> > Probe made Road Rash, Probe made Mortal Kombat...Probe is a good company.

Well...
Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 1999 1:04 am
> > > Probe made Road Rash, Probe made Mortal Kombat...Probe is a good company.

Road Rash , yes . Mk ? I don`t think so... ( but alien 3 is cool ) .
Limbs a Flyin'
Probe ported the games, they didnt create them (more)
Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 1999 2:03 am

EA did road rash (roadrash2 on genesis is one of my favs) and MK was from midway.
but anways, the port of roadrash to sms was pretty good, and the port of MK is one of those things people will either think was great or complete crap. i vote for the crap one ;)

someone else mentioned alien3. again its a port, but its pretty good - both on gameplay and on actual usage of the sms (paralax backgrounds, good theme music - if only any emulator could do it right..)
again tho, its a game you will either think if great or crap.

Jon
wait a minute here guys
Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 1999 6:45 pm
Some of you are saying MK sucked. Now, yeah, after all those MK cool wannabe type games that are out, but MK will always be the introducer of Killer Instinct, Primal Rage, etc. MK was awesome in its time & is still awesome. Talk about picky people. Don't you like fighting games? MK was one. It had a genre all of its own. Remember Karate Champ? Midway wanted a new twist in Karate Champ, so it made new characters, a plot, cool fighting moves, magical fighting moves & good graphics. O.k., so the SMS MK was a bit dull, but the 16 bit versions were cool...and you say you didnt like them. picky picky picky :)

Re: wait a minute here guys
Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 1999 11:29 pm
> Some of you are saying MK sucked. Now, yeah, after all those MK cool wannabe type games that are out, but MK will always be the introducer of Killer Instinct, Primal Rage, etc. MK was awesome in its time & is still awesome. Talk about picky people. Don't you like fighting games? MK was one. It had a genre all of its own. Remember Karate Champ? Midway wanted a new twist in Karate Champ, so it made new characters, a plot, cool fighting moves, magical fighting moves & good graphics. O.k., so the SMS MK was a bit dull, but the 16 bit versions were cool...and you say you didnt like them. picky picky picky :)

Picky ? yes . You know what i dont like about ( arcade ) MK ? The block button ! it`s the only thing in this game that i hate . Me , i`l take street fighter alpha anyday...
Jon
Street Fighter
Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 1999 11:52 pm
Street Fighter is cool, but MK is better. MK has all those decapitation bloody moves, and that's why I like it. Street Fighter...you just kick your opponent's butt, nothing special. MK, you get more than kicking their butts, you can kill them in a gross manner. :) MK is a bit dark too, I like that in a game. :)

Re: Street Fighter
Post Posted: Sat Oct 23, 1999 2:57 am
> Street Fighter is cool, but MK is better. MK has all those decapitation bloody moves, and that's why I like it. Street Fighter...you just kick your opponent's butt, nothing special. MK, you get more than kicking their butts, you can kill them in a gross manner. :) MK is a bit dark too, I like that in a game. :)

SFA is the best . What i like about this game is the speed . You dont get that in mk , the pace of the game is just sloooowwwwww ! . Sure , you can make combos in mk , but you just dont have reaction time like sfa !!! ( For me , a good fighting game must have speed... ) . Split second reaction is a must... As for blood and gore ? Well it`s just a matter of opinion ( The japanese find virtua fighter violent so... ) . Now , dont get me wrong , i like mk , just not like sfa...
Blizzard
Darn it
Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 1999 5:28 am
>
> > Probe made Road Rash, Probe made Mortal Kombat...Probe is a good company.

> EA did road rash (roadrash2 on genesis is one of my favs) and MK was from midway.
> but anways, the port of roadrash to sms was pretty good, and the port of MK is one of those things people will either think was great or complete crap. i vote for the crap one ;)

> someone else mentioned alien3. again its a port, but its pretty good - both on gameplay and on actual usage of the sms (paralax backgrounds, good theme music - if only any emulator could do it right..)
> again tho, its a game you will either think if great or crap.

I don't think it is crap or great, but okay. Is that alright?

Bombjack
Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 1999 8:24 am

Going back a bit, Probe made Trantor: The Last Stormtrooper for the Sinclair Spectrum, which I always thought was a cool game.

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!