Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - SG-3000 basic...

Reply to topic
SG-3000 basic...
Post Posted: Sun Oct 17, 1999 12:17 am
Anyone have the email adress of the original dumper of the rom sega basic level 3 ? It`s Image/Helsinki/Finland . or , anyone have the manual for it ? anyone have links to sites that carries them ? zoop , do you have the instructions and/or info on this ? . it`s an easy way to write some games ( basic , that is ) . sure , it`s not the best way to do it but considering the free time i have , i`l just stick to what i know...
Post Posted: Sun Oct 17, 1999 9:46 am
> Anyone have the email adress of the original dumper of the rom sega basic level 3 ? It`s Image/Helsinki/Finland . or , anyone have the manual for it ? anyone have links to sites that carries them ? zoop , do you have the instructions and/or info on this ? . it`s an easy way to write some games ( basic , that is ) . sure , it`s not the best way to do it but considering the free time i have , i`l just stick to what i know...

I have the manual. Problem is that it's pretty big, but I'm gonna scan it one day whatever..

Anyway Basic is almost the same on all systems, try finding a MSX basic documentation.
Post Posted: Sun Oct 17, 1999 5:18 pm
> > Anyone have the email adress of the original dumper of the rom sega basic level 3 ? It`s Image/Helsinki/Finland . or , anyone have the manual for it ? anyone have links to sites that carries them ? zoop , do you have the instructions and/or info on this ? . it`s an easy way to write some games ( basic , that is ) . sure , it`s not the best way to do it but considering the free time i have , i`l just stick to what i know...

> I have the manual. Problem is that it's pretty big, but I'm gonna scan it one day whatever..

> Anyway Basic is almost the same on all systems, try finding a MSX basic documentation.

Great . I`l look forward to it then . In the manual , is there a page that have all the commands ? ( exemple : in the C64 basic , to get a random number , you have to type something like : INT(RND(1)*12)+1 . in this rom , is it similar ? ) . But , untill then , i`l see if i can find documentation about the msx...
P-Strife
While were on the subject
Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 1999 7:26 pm
Is it possible to save and load your work using the basics, because it would be really nice if it is possible.

Re: While were on the subject
Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 1999 12:04 am
> Is it possible to save and load your work using the basics, because it would be really nice if it is possible.

Yup . Save state only . If you have small programs , can you print them inside a post so that we can all try it ? ( i know this is what i`l do... ) .
P-Strife
Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 1999 4:13 am
that's to bad, I don't like save state since I've forgetten all about it's usage :-(. Oh well guess I'll live with it for now.

P.S. Zoop ,Richardo, or whoever else emulates it should figure out how to make a fake floopy drive to save these files when you use the basics :)

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 1999 9:39 am
> that's to bad, I don't like save state since I've forgetten all about it's usage :-(. Oh well guess I'll live with it for now.
> P.S. Zoop ,Richardo, or whoever else emulates it should figure out how to make a fake floopy drive to save these files when you use the basics :)

There is no floppy drive on the SC-3000. It is on the SF-7000 which is not yet emulated.
On the SC-3000 we'll have to emulate the SR-1000 (Sega Recorder, a tape player) to save programs.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!