Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Lalalashtroumphlala and other things...

Reply to topic
Lalalashtroumphlala and other things...
Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 1999 1:49 am
Ah ! the smurfs . happy childhood memories . the sms game is technicly very well done , everything is good (exept for the controls , i don`t like them but hey ! hwo am i to judge... ) . th game proves that the sms had some power ! . changing subjects , does anyone of you have documentation about the sega basic level 3 rom ? you know , instructions , commands ect ? or , does anyone of you know a site that have this info ? why , you ask ? i`m an old basic programmer ( form about 15 years ago , didn`t write anything afterwards ) and i would like to make little games for this rom . i still got my old commodore64 programs listings so , with this rom`s commands , i could easly modify them . better , if i could get some original games listings for it... anyone beside me hwo want to make games for it ?
Yeah...
Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 1999 4:28 am
As soon as I dig up my old Amstrad CPC128 manual. It had all the code for heaps of BASIC games :)
And the best thing is that it isn't 'Extended BASIC' like the C64 one is :D
~unfnknblvbl
Re: Yeah...
Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 1999 12:46 am
> As soon as I dig up my old Amstrad CPC128 manual. It had all the code for heaps of BASIC games :)
> And the best thing is that it isn't 'Extended BASIC' like the C64 one is :D
> ~unfnknblvbl

Ah ? the amstrad basic is similar to the one in the sega basic rom ? cool ! if you can get the commands : like the " rnd " command . i can`t seem to catch how it goes ( i allways get the same number , and " randomize " don`t work ( like on pc`s )) . and the " tab " command . i used it a lot but it change from basic to another so ... you used to write to ? maybe we can exchange programs here : listings of small programs , but for large programs ... my favorite programs where text adventures . not because they where easy to do , but since we had " a lot " of limitations in the old basic they where more fun to play ( for me anyway ) . so , if the way to make ( in french it is called a " tableau " ( sorry ) ) , you know making a grid , placing values in it so that when a player walk into a room the program can know that a certain object is present ( my mind is playing tricks on me : can`t seem to remember all to well , but it will come soon enough ) . anyway , using basic where fun back then...
Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 1999 7:21 am
I must confess to never having learned BASIC fluently.
I only ever copied out the programs from the back of the CPC manual :)
I'm going to have to dig it out of my sisters' closet. Erkk...
I'll post some save-states of the code when I get it together :)

~unfnknblvbl
Post Posted: Sat Oct 16, 1999 1:32 am
> I must confess to never having learned BASIC fluently.
> I only ever copied out the programs from the back of the CPC manual :)
> I'm going to have to dig it out of my sisters' closet. Erkk...
> I'll post some save-states of the code when I get it together :)

> ~unfnknblvbl

Great . Me too then . Wrighting in basic is easy : think of a subject and story ( if it is text related ) , get some graph paper ( remember : i loved to do text adventures ) plan your route , place objects . determine the entry points and exits ( if it is 3 dimentional , the stairs ) . enemies , if aplicable .THEN write your code . what i loved about basic is that you could save once in a while , run your program to catch the bugs ( there are more bugs in the case of an action game , much harder too ( i learned basic by myself )) . when i get some basic commands , i`l start making some games ( i`m going to find my C64 box hiden somewhere... ) . my best action game i ever made was called cemitary ( in french , of course ! ) you where a... ( you know , the guy that dig the holes...) and the people thurned into zombies . the player moved into the graveyard avoiding zombies and diging holes so the zombies would fall and when you cleared the level you would get into a different graveyard with faster and more zombies . sounds lame ? of course it is lame . it`s also a game i made by myself ! my creation ! and i`m proud of it ! as i`m sure zoop if proud of meka . i`l try to port it to meka basic . i`l see what i can do , providing i get specific commands : text adventures is one thing , action games optimized for a particuliar basic is another... anyway , i love the idea ! . i`m a bit rusty : how much memmory does this basic have anyway ??? ( in kilobytes whowho !)...
Post Posted: Sat Oct 16, 1999 3:51 am
>a... ( you know , the guy that dig the holes...) and the people

Undertaker? :)
Yup . The word i was looking for . Thanks . *nt*
Post Posted: Sat Oct 16, 1999 3:54 am
> >a... ( you know , the guy that dig the holes...) and the people

> Undertaker? :)
Naflign
Post Posted: Sun Oct 17, 1999 5:28 am

Ohhhh 0_o I hope you can manage to port it over, it sounds like a fun game!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 1999 1:12 am
> Ohhhh 0_o I hope you can manage to port it over, it sounds like a fun game!

I`l see what i can do : I used the poke command a lot in this game ( was hard as hell ! ) , you know , placing sprites in specific places directly in memmory... since the commodore64 basic is different that this one , i`l see when i get the exact commands ( i could still write it in " international " basic but the results will be diferent ) . until then...
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!