Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Weird Wonderboy cart?

Reply to topic
Weird Wonderboy cart?
Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 1999 8:58 pm
Does anyone know about this weird Wonderboy cart I found at CG Expo?

It was called "Super Wonderboy Super Monsterland"

I've never seen one that said that. It is an import Wonderboy in Monsterland or something?

It had two lines, the first line said Super Wonderboy and right underneath it said Super Monsterland.

Super Wonderboy
Super Monsterland

I've never seen one like that....
Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 1999 9:06 pm
Was it shown on the actual game label, or only on the title screen?

> Does anyone know about this weird Wonderboy cart I found at CG Expo?
> It was called "Super Wonderboy Super Monsterland"
> I've never seen one that said that. It is an import Wonderboy in Monsterland or something?
> It had two lines, the first line said Super Wonderboy and right underneath it said Super Monsterland.
> Super Wonderboy
> Super Monsterland
> I've never seen one like that....
Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 1999 12:24 am
> Was it shown on the actual game label, or only on the title screen?

Well , having owned the two carts (super wonderboy super monsterland and wonderboy in monsterland) , i can say that the two carts are identical (or is it ? ) because wonderboy in monsterland ran fine , and super(blahblah) had some bugs when you got to the forth stage (pororo island , i think) . when i got to the top of the cloud after giving the "item" in the hiden door and going left , the screen usualy got scrambled characters and bits of graphics ( exactly like your title viewer , zoop). the screen then got back to normal about five seconds later...i don`t know if my cart was defective so , hapend to anyone here ?

> > Does anyone know about this weird Wonderboy cart I found at CG Expo?
> > It was called "Super Wonderboy Super Monsterland"
> > I've never seen one that said that. It is an import Wonderboy in Monsterland or something?
> > It had two lines, the first line said Super Wonderboy and right underneath it said Super Monsterland.
> > Super Wonderboy
> > Super Monsterland
> > I've never seen one like that....
Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 1999 7:46 am
> > Was it shown on the actual game label, or only on the title screen?
> Well , having owned the two carts (super wonderboy super monsterland and wonderboy in monsterland) , i can say that the two carts are identical (or is it ? ) because wonderboy in monsterland ran fine , and super(blahblah) had some bugs when you got to the forth stage (pororo island , i think) . when i got to the top of the cloud after giving the "item" in the hiden door and going left , the screen usualy got scrambled characters and bits of graphics ( exactly like your title viewer , zoop). the screen then got back to normal about five seconds later...i don`t know if my cart was defective so , hapend to anyone here ?

Do you still have the cartridge?
It was just on the cart *text*
Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 1999 8:38 pm
On the very first day of CG Expo there was a collector trade/swap event. One slightly advanced collector had one and I commented that it was a little weird and he agreed, saying he had never seen one before this.

My trading fodder consisted only of Arcadia 2001 games (still shrinkwrapped....anyone interested?) and, well, honestly I'm not a Master System collector so I didn't pursue it further.

But who cares Hamster had/has one!
Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 1999 11:31 pm
> > > Was it shown on the actual game label, or only on the title screen?
> > Well , having owned the two carts (super wonderboy super monsterland and wonderboy in monsterland) , i can say that the two carts are identical (or is it ? ) because wonderboy in monsterland ran fine , and super(blahblah) had some bugs when you got to the forth stage (pororo island , i think) . when i got to the top of the cloud after giving the "item" in the hiden door and going left , the screen usualy got scrambled characters and bits of graphics ( exactly like your title viewer , zoop). the screen then got back to normal about five seconds later...i don`t know if my cart was defective so , hapend to anyone here ?

> Do you still have the cartridge?

Yes i still got it . do you whant it ? if so i`l be glad to give it to you...
Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 12:28 am
> > > > Was it shown on the actual game label, or only on the title screen?
> > > Well , having owned the two carts (super wonderboy super monsterland and wonderboy in monsterland) , i can say that the two carts are identical (or is it ? ) because wonderboy in monsterland ran fine , and super(blahblah) had some bugs when you got to the forth stage (pororo island , i think) . when i got to the top of the cloud after giving the "item" in the hiden door and going left , the screen usualy got scrambled characters and bits of graphics ( exactly like your title viewer , zoop). the screen then got back to normal about five seconds later...i don`t know if my cart was defective so , hapend to anyone here ?

> > Do you still have the cartridge?

> Yes i still got it . do you whant it ? if so i`l be glad to give it to you...

i got a scan of the cart ready . how do i put it here ??? (so you can all see it).
Re: to zoop...
Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 2:05 am
> > > > > Was it shown on the actual game label, or only on the title screen?
> > > > Well , having owned the two carts (super wonderboy super monsterland and wonderboy in monsterland) , i can say that the two carts are identical (or is it ? ) because wonderboy in monsterland ran fine , and super(blahblah) had some bugs when you got to the forth stage (pororo island , i think) . when i got to the top of the cloud after giving the "item" in the hiden door and going left , the screen usualy got scrambled characters and bits of graphics ( exactly like your title viewer , zoop). the screen then got back to normal about five seconds later...i don`t know if my cart was defective so , hapend to anyone here ?

> > > Do you still have the cartridge?

> > Yes i still got it . do you whant it ? if so i`l be glad to give it to you...

> i got a scan of the cart ready . how do i put it here ??? (so you can all see it).

can i send you the scan ?
Falcon
Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 1999 6:25 am
> > Was it shown on the actual game label, or only on the title screen?

> Well , having owned the two carts (super wonderboy super monsterland and wonderboy in monsterland) , i can say that the two carts are identical (or is it ? ) because wonderboy in monsterland ran fine , and super(blahblah) had some bugs when you got to the forth stage (pororo island , i think) . when i got to the top of the cloud after giving the "item" in the hiden door and going left , the screen usualy got scrambled characters and bits of graphics ( exactly like your title viewer , zoop). the screen then got back to normal about five seconds later...i don`t know if my cart was defective so , hapend to anyone here ?

I also have both copies - as far as I know the mystery is simple - the correct label is from the American version (mine came in the US English only box). The "Super WB Super ML" label is from the Euro version (Multi-lingual box). If anyone from Europe has a non-super European version, I'd like to know!

I've played them both and didn't notice any big differences, although I think there may have been minor variations...

Also for those of you who never tried, set your emulator on Japanese mode for different games like WB2, the JPN version is part of the ROM. I learned this a few years ago when fooling around with my Pro Action Replay and WB2 Cart. Somehow I stumbled across a code which accessed the JPN version - even said "Sega Mark III" on start-up instead of SMS! Sadly it froze and I couldn't figure out which code I had entered, and was unable to do it again :(

Falcon

Brendan
Post Posted: Mon Sep 20, 1999 4:46 pm
The version labelled "Super Wonderboy Super Monsterland" is NOT a European/Import version. I know this
because I bought the game way back when it came out in the U.S. and the version I have said that. It always did seem
strange to me that it was labelled that way. Who knows, maybe they had a second release to fix up bugs.

-Brendan

> > > Was it shown on the actual game label, or only on the title screen?

> > Well , having owned the two carts (super wonderboy super monsterland and wonderboy in monsterland) , i can say that the two carts are identical (or is it ? ) because wonderboy in monsterland ran fine , and super(blahblah) had some bugs when you got to the forth stage (pororo island , i think) . when i got to the top of the cloud after giving the "item" in the hiden door and going left , the screen usualy got scrambled characters and bits of graphics ( exactly like your title viewer , zoop). the screen then got back to normal about five seconds later...i don`t know if my cart was defective so , hapend to anyone here ?

>
> I also have both copies - as far as I know the mystery is simple - the correct label is from the American version (mine came in the US English only box). The "Super WB Super ML" label is from the Euro version (Multi-lingual box). If anyone from Europe has a non-super European version, I'd like to know!

> I've played them both and didn't notice any big differences, although I think there may have been minor variations...

> Also for those of you who never tried, set your emulator on Japanese mode for different games like WB2, the JPN version is part of the ROM. I learned this a few years ago when fooling around with my Pro Action Replay and WB2 Cart. Somehow I stumbled across a code which accessed the JPN version - even said "Sega Mark III" on start-up instead of SMS! Sadly it froze and I couldn't figure out which code I had entered, and was unable to do it again :(

> Falcon

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!