Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - ALF (sort of...)

Reply to topic
ALF (sort of...)
Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 1999 11:41 pm
i have recently downloaded alf. when zoop said to judge it by ourselves , i dident know what to expect.
after trying it , i was in shock!!! realy . at first , i said to myself : it aint so bad... but then i realised that i also had
too much cofee so... my point is : this game gives me the creeps. realy. graphics are plain bad , sound is
awfull and gameplay is the worst thing ever... (sometimes you can walk freely , sometimes you can`t).
and the guys with black hats and white gloves , they look like they came from a bad dream (realy , and this game
is suposed to be played by kids...). oh , and the "swimsuit" thing... arghhhh!!!!!!.
can anyone imagine the demented minds of the programers ? it shurely the work of sega of america since , alf
is an american show (shurely not the work of the japanese). the guy hwo imagined this wierd contraption must
have seen also some pink tutu wearing elephants doing weelies with a snowmobile...
doe`s anyone know how game makers get ther projects aproved by companies ? (in this case , sega) ?
or do they "bribe" companies ? (wich seems to be the case of this game , by the way...).

no . this game has to be THE worst sms game ever. tell you what . why don`t you guys tell us what you think
is the whorst sms game , and for what reason (it whould be cool , i think). so that`s that.
you guys know my worst sms game . what`s yours ???.
Reiver
Ugg, try My Hero
Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 1999 11:50 pm
ALF is a good candidate for BAD (nothing good about it) but I think the ultimate in bad SMS games is "My Hero" (which Dump Masters just released the Japanese version of and mistakenly called it Kung-Fu Kid!)...It's just like the Turbografx 16 game, China Warrior...you move and endlessly attack oncoming people...I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I think that after about ten minutes of repetitive actions (you know, when you begin to have that tingly fuzzy sensation of your brain going numb) a game can really be considered BAD.
Just my 2.5 cents.

> i have recently downloaded alf. when zoop said to judge it by ourselves , i dident know what to expect.
> after trying it , i was in shock!!! realy . at first , i said to myself : it aint so bad... but then i realised that i also had
> too much cofee so... my point is : this game gives me the creeps. realy. graphics are plain bad , sound is
> awfull and gameplay is the worst thing ever... (sometimes you can walk freely , sometimes you can`t).
> and the guys with black hats and white gloves , they look like they came from a bad dream (realy , and this game
> is suposed to be played by kids...). oh , and the "swimsuit" thing... arghhhh!!!!!!.
> can anyone imagine the demented minds of the programers ? it shurely the work of sega of america since , alf
> is an american show (shurely not the work of the japanese). the guy hwo imagined this wierd contraption must
> have seen also some pink tutu wearing elephants doing weelies with a snowmobile...
> doe`s anyone know how game makers get ther projects aproved by companies ? (in this case , sega) ?
> or do they "bribe" companies ? (wich seems to be the case of this game , by the way...).

> no . this game has to be THE worst sms game ever. tell you what . why don`t you guys tell us what you think
> is the whorst sms game , and for what reason (it whould be cool , i think). so that`s that.
> you guys know my worst sms game . what`s yours ???.

You got a point
Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 1999 1:19 am
youre right . these 2 games should be at the top of the top ten BAD list!!! does anyone knows more bad games ??? if so , tell us what and why....
Michael
Re: You got a point
Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 1999 2:11 am
I never liked Vigilante. The game was so slow and hard to control, and then it took only 3 days to finish!!! On the plus side, it had nice graphics, but that ain't enough.

> youre right . these 2 games should be at the top of the top ten BAD list!!! does anyone knows more bad games ??? if so , tell us what and why....

No way!
Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 1999 9:10 am
I love My Hero. It's fast and hard, just like Machine Gun Joe :)
I think I'm the best My Hero player here :)
I can reach level 3 with one life, hehehe :)
LOL! That's because you're the *only* 'My Hero' player here! Hehe! *nt*
Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 1999 12:26 pm

Hibernation
TO ZOOP!
Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 1999 12:38 pm

you like MY HERO?
(i bet i'd beat you easily ;-))
there's a trick for the game...dunno...maybe you already know it:
at the end of a level (i think it's the 1st one) there are 3 guys coming...kill the first 2 and jump over the 3rd,then kill him from behind, this will get u an extral life...you can do this again and again...

Limbs a Flyin'
both 'My hero' and 'vigilante' are avaliable in emulated arcade form for your pleasure ;)
Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 1999 1:37 pm

>

also a few other sms games started off as Sega arcade games, eg Teddyboy, Ninja etc

Re: TO ZOOP!
Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 1999 4:56 pm
> you like MY HERO?
> (i bet i'd beat you easily ;-))
> there's a trick for the game...dunno...maybe you already know it:
> at the end of a level (i think it's the 1st one) there are 3 guys coming...kill the first 2 and jump over the 3rd,then kill him from behind, this will get u an extral life...you can do this again and again...

Hehe, trying to learn me things about My Hero ? :-)
There are four dogs. Killing the last from behind give you a life.
Reiver
Sega always did have interesting tricks like that
Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 1999 10:19 pm
Like in Double Dragon, wehre if you jump ten times before the jutting bricks in the last level you'd get unlimited continues...and in Maze Hunter 3D (can't wait for rom release since I don't have 3D glasses for my SMS) where, if you smack an enemy when you test swing by picking up a weapon, you get a 1-Up. Fun little things like that to try.
I still don't know how I found out the Double Dragon one...I was just playing around, and bam, I found it ;)

> > you like MY HERO?
> > (i bet i'd beat you easily ;-))
> > there's a trick for the game...dunno...maybe you already know it:
> > at the end of a level (i think it's the 1st one) there are 3 guys coming...kill the first 2 and jump over the 3rd,then kill him from behind, this will get u an extral life...you can do this again and again...

> Hehe, trying to learn me things about My Hero ? :-)
> There are four dogs. Killing the last from behind give you a life.

I don´t agree!!!
Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 1999 11:55 pm
Sorry, but I don´t agree with that. I like My Hero very much! Yes, it can be a little boring, but it´s non-stop action, you can´t close your eyes or smoke for a second. Also, it remains me when I played it in the arcade and after 2 minutes I had been killed :) Maybe it´s just a "nostalgia" problem...

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!