SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - To reiver...

Reply to topic
To reiver...
Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 1999 8:45 pm
Hi
you have two soundcard instaled ? wich one (i hope it`s the awe64 )because i need your help.
i have an ess audiodrive soundcard onboard. (i have a compaq pc AHRGHHH!!!!!!) and i recently got a
soundblaster awe64 at a pawnshop. my problem is that i don`t have any drivers for it so it is not instaled.
i got some at ther drivers page , but i dont know how to set up this card (you know ,autoexec.bat , config.sys
ect...). and i don`t know how to install two card. i don`t want to deactivate the ess card.if i plug the awe64 card
, how do i make it "behave" like a 2nt card ? (if it`s not already like this...).and , for meka how do i get the
2nd card to play the sound , instead of the 1st one (the ess one) ? .if you have any tips regarding this , please
help me... thanks.
Reiver
Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 1999 9:19 pm
@_@ Wow, that's a lot of questions...I'll see if I can answer them all =)

1) If you have Windows 98, the AWE64 drivers *may* be on there, but I haven't checked so don't quote me on that. If not, d

2) Once you have the drivers installed, go to Control Panel->Multimedia and on the first tab (Audio) you'll see where it says "Playback", well make sure that the Preferred Device is set to your ESS. If you want to do recording through your ESS, change Recording Properties to the as well...

3) If you're having problems, you may want to try clicking the button on the same screen that says something to the respect "Use ony preferred devices". If you're still having problems, try setting the Preferred Devices to your AWE64 =S

4) Unless you have two sets of speakers (which is sometimes a pain in the ass), you'll need a simple short audio cable (you can get one almost anywhere, but Radio Shack is probably the best bet) and plug one end into the AWE64's speaker output and the other end to your ESS' Line-In jack (if it has one, it's the one furthest from the joystick/MIDI port...if not, then go from the ESS speaker jack into the AWE64's line-in instead).

5) If your speakers explode, turn the Line-In volume on your mixer down...and then buy new speakers =)

6) It's pretty scrappy instructions, but it *should* work...if not, e-mail me and give me a detailed synopsis of your settings (software and hardware) and I'll try to figure a solution.

I hope this helps!

> Hi
> you have two soundcard instaled ? wich one (i hope it`s the awe64 )because i need your help.
> i have an ess audiodrive soundcard onboard. (i have a compaq pc AHRGHHH!!!!!!) and i recently got a
> soundblaster awe64 at a pawnshop. my problem is that i don`t have any drivers for it so it is not instaled.
> i got some at ther drivers page , but i dont know how to set up this card (you know ,autoexec.bat , config.sys
> ect...). and i don`t know how to install two card. i don`t want to deactivate the ess card.if i plug the awe64 card
> , how do i make it "behave" like a 2nt card ? (if it`s not already like this...).and , for meka how do i get the
> 2nd card to play the sound , instead of the 1st one (the ess one) ? .if you have any tips regarding this , please
> help me... thanks.

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!