Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - PEOPLE! stop asking everything for nothing...*text*

Reply to topic
PEOPLE! stop asking everything for nothing...*text*
Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 1999 2:59 am
Is anyone aware that emulation is slowly gowing down the drain ?
by asking everything for nothing (and stuff that are copyrighted for free!) emulation , witch i consider my
hobby , is becoming more and more of a chore for emulator programers (espetialy zoop. imagine : running a
couple of sites , updating every day , dumping and testing roms , participating to this forum , writing a difficult
thing such as an emulator (beleve me , it aint no easy task...). ansering to emails (and he got tons ,
beleve you me...) AND having a normal life! (because , yes , he is only human...).
by asking too much , he will lose faith (rumor : like antiriad...) so please , i beg of you : STOP WINING!!!
if you are not happy with the way zoop handles this , DO IT YOURSELF!.

p.s. you are probabebly anking your self right now : this guy was just wining... i did not , i have made my
part in this : I REGISTERED!...
Brian
Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 1999 5:39 am
LOL.... People have been saying emulation is dying for the last 2 years. Long before ultrahle, bleem, or any of that, Long before I bet 90% of most people even knew what emulation was... But it was for other reasons back then....And emulation is doing just fine. It will not die, ever. Warez is still around, and that is a thousand times more prosecuted than emulation...As long as we have people like zoop, It will never die.

I agree though, People should contribute if they can. Money, carts, whatever. I've registered already, and I'm the poorest person around. And if you can't, at LEAST write a letter to sega/sony/Ni****do that says that you support emulation, and think they should too. I've already done that, and promised sony I will never buy another one of their damn products again.
You shouldn't expect something for nothing...do your part to make emulation stronger, don't be another leech. This isn't the warez scene, and if we all work together, it never will be anything like it.

> Is anyone aware that emulation is slowly gowing down the drain ?
> by asking everything for nothing (and stuff that are copyrighted for free!) emulation , witch i consider my
> hobby , is becoming more and more of a chore for emulator programers (espetialy zoop. imagine : running a
> couple of sites , updating every day , dumping and testing roms , participating to this forum , writing a difficult
> thing such as an emulator (beleve me , it aint no easy task...). ansering to emails (and he got tons ,
> beleve you me...) AND having a normal life! (because , yes , he is only human...).
> by asking too much , he will lose faith (rumor : like antiriad...) so please , i beg of you : STOP WINING!!!
> if you are not happy with the way zoop handles this , DO IT YOURSELF!.

> p.s. you are probabebly anking your self right now : this guy was just wining... i did not , i have made my
> part in this : I REGISTERED!...

uzplayer
Well I update Emucamp. As a hobby (-NT-)
Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 1999 4:52 pm
> Is anyone aware that emulation is slowly gowing down the drain ?
> by asking everything for nothing (and stuff that are copyrighted for free!) emulation , witch i consider my
> hobby , is becoming more and more of a chore for emulator programers (espetialy zoop. imagine : running a
> couple of sites , updating every day , dumping and testing roms , participating to this forum , writing a difficult
> thing such as an emulator (beleve me , it aint no easy task...). ansering to emails (and he got tons ,
> beleve you me...) AND having a normal life! (because , yes , he is only human...).
> by asking too much , he will lose faith (rumor : like antiriad...) so please , i beg of you : STOP WINING!!!
> if you are not happy with the way zoop handles this , DO IT YOURSELF!.

> p.s. you are probabebly anking your self right now : this guy was just wining... i did not , i have made my
> part in this : I REGISTERED!...

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!