SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Resolution

Reply to topic
Jimmy
Resolution
Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 1999 12:45 am

Meka is a great emulator, but will there ever be any work done to make the resolution better for full screen?

Re: Did you know that the sms has a resolution of 256x224?(your monitor has what , 6 times that) do you want an atari2600? *nt*
Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 1999 3:09 am
>
> Meka is a great emulator, but will there ever be any work done to make the resolution better for full screen?
Limbs a Flyin'
Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 1999 3:12 am

>
> Meka is a great emulator, but will there ever be any work done to make the resolution better for full screen?

edit the config file and select your own desired resoultion. its up to you to know whats what.

idealy if a screen size double option ever appeared in the future, 512x384 could (depending on your setup) make a 'true' full screen.. but that isnt there yet, so just ignore all this ;)

Limbs a Flyin'
256x192 actualy (4:3 ratio, like most monitors). nt
Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 1999 1:06 pm

> >
> > Meka is a great emulator, but will there ever be any work done to make the resolution better for full screen?

Arvid Gidhagen
Re: Did you know that the sms has a resolution of 256x224?(your monitor has what , 6 times that) do you want an atari2600? *nt*
Post Posted: Wed Aug 25, 1999 6:05 pm

What of it? I connect my Master System to my 29" TV and it doesn't look too blocky at all.
The monitor's maximum resolution is not particularly interesting in this matter.

- Arvid

Blizzard
It is too
Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 1999 1:35 pm
> What of it? I connect my Master System to my 29" TV and it doesn't look too blocky at all.
> The monitor's maximum resolution is not particularly interesting in this matter.

Resolution has absolutly everything to do with it. Not the maximum resolution of your monitor, but the dots per inch. A typical 20" TV is roughly .5dpi. A typical 15"->20" PC monitor is .28 dpi. The result is that you can fit way more pixels on a monitor that will remain in focus than you can on a TV.

That single pixel which a SMS puts on your TV looks a bit fuzzy up close but on a monitor, since it now probably made up of 4x the number of phosphorous elements, will be sharp, and have distinct edges.

Oh, not to mention that the vast majority of TVs are black stripe shadow mask based and monitors (aside from Sony) are usually triad based.

Want Meka to look the same as it does on a TV? Simple, look for a really old VGA monitor which is rated .4dpi or higher with a long presistance phosphorous. Oh, don't complain when you have problems even reading CGA text.

thanks blizzard... *nt*
Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 1999 12:33 am
> > What of it? I connect my Master System to my 29" TV and it doesn't look too blocky at all.
> > The monitor's maximum resolution is not particularly interesting in this matter.

> Resolution has absolutly everything to do with it. Not the maximum resolution of your monitor, but the dots per inch. A typical 20" TV is roughly .5dpi. A typical 15"->20" PC monitor is .28 dpi. The result is that you can fit way more pixels on a monitor that will remain in focus than you can on a TV.

> That single pixel which a SMS puts on your TV looks a bit fuzzy up close but on a monitor, since it now probably made up of 4x the number of phosphorous elements, will be sharp, and have distinct edges.

> Oh, not to mention that the vast majority of TVs are black stripe shadow mask based and monitors (aside from Sony) are usually triad based.

> Want Meka to look the same as it does on a TV? Simple, look for a really old VGA monitor which is rated .4dpi or higher with a long presistance phosphorous. Oh, don't complain when you have problems even reading CGA text.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!