Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Does anyone else like to stare cross-eyed at the 3D games? (more)

Reply to topic
Opta street musician
Does anyone else like to stare cross-eyed at the 3D games? (more)
Post Posted: Sun Aug 22, 1999 7:22 pm
I think it would be a good idea for the Meka developers to insert a few blank vertical lines in between the two screens in Parallel mode. This would make it easier to maintain focus whilst crossing one's eyes (a'la the Magic Eye artwork). Anyone agree / think I've lost my marbles?

Blizzard
Post Posted: Sun Aug 22, 1999 8:56 pm
> I think it would be a good idea for the Meka developers to insert a few blank vertical lines in between the two screens in Parallel mode. This would make it easier to maintain focus whilst crossing one's eyes (a'la the Magic Eye artwork). Anyone agree / think I've lost my marbles?

That might help a bit.

Another thing that can be done is create a red / blue image so you can use those cheapo plastic glasses. Here is how I would do it so you don't have to deal with overlaying the graphics:

Double the screensize
Now turn one image red and one blue
Lay them on top of each other in this fasion:

RB RB RB RB
BR BR BR BR

This works, but I think I remember Zoop telling me that changing the paletts around is easier said than done.

Re: How about this??? *text*
Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 1999 3:28 am
> > I think it would be a good idea for the Meka developers to insert a few blank vertical lines in between the two screens in Parallel mode. This would make it easier to maintain focus whilst crossing one's eyes (a'la the Magic Eye artwork). Anyone agree / think I've lost my marbles?

> That might help a bit.

> Another thing that can be done is create a red / blue image so you can use those cheapo plastic glasses. Here is how I would do it so you don't have to deal with overlaying the graphics:

> Double the screensize
> Now turn one image red and one blue
> Lay them on top of each other in this fasion:
>

> RB RB RB RB
> BR BR BR BR

> This works, but I think I remember Zoop telling me that changing the paletts around is easier said than done.

you guys should get yourselves a pair of segascope3d glasses. some company (i think it is ati , not sure) is making a pc video card that will have 3d input/output!
i think the guy at http//:www.alexkidd.org/ is working on a solution for this...
brain911
Re: How about this??? *text*
Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 1999 7:08 am
> > > I think it would be a good idea for the Meka developers to insert a few blank vertical lines in between the two screens in Parallel mode. This would make it easier to maintain focus whilst crossing one's eyes (a'la the Magic Eye artwork). Anyone agree / think I've lost my marbles?

> > That might help a bit.

> > Another thing that can be done is create a red / blue image so you can use those cheapo plastic glasses. Here is how I would do it so you don't have to deal with overlaying the graphics:

> > Double the screensize
> > Now turn one image red and one blue
> > Lay them on top of each other in this fasion:
> >

> > RB RB RB RB
> > BR BR BR BR

> > This works, but I think I remember Zoop telling me that changing the paletts around is easier said than done.

> you guys should get yourselves a pair of segascope3d glasses. some company (i think it is ati , not sure) is making a pc video card that will have 3d input/output!
> i think the guy at http//:www.alexkidd.org/ is working on a solution for this...

You guys should go buy a pair of 3d glasses at www.vrex.com
They are absolutely amazing when playing games like quake, descent II... It's easily worth the money. There is a program that will force anything on the screen into 3d mode to work with the glasses, the only problem is synching it with the shutters in the glasses. But I bet if you guys were serious about it, the developers of the glasses might help.

The 3d glasses from vrex.com seem like they would be easier to get working with meka than buying a rare pair of sms glasses...since these already have an adaptor for the computer.

Really though, these glasses are AMAZING... I've never experienced anything like them in my life.

It's just a thought anyway.

Re: Cool! thanks for the tip!!! *nt*
Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 1999 3:46 pm
> > > > I think it would be a good idea for the Meka developers to insert a few blank vertical lines in between the two screens in Parallel mode. This would make it easier to maintain focus whilst crossing one's eyes (a'la the Magic Eye artwork). Anyone agree / think I've lost my marbles?

> > > That might help a bit.

> > > Another thing that can be done is create a red / blue image so you can use those cheapo plastic glasses. Here is how I would do it so you don't have to deal with overlaying the graphics:

> > > Double the screensize
> > > Now turn one image red and one blue
> > > Lay them on top of each other in this fasion:
> > >

> > > RB RB RB RB
> > > BR BR BR BR

> > > This works, but I think I remember Zoop telling me that changing the paletts around is easier said than done.

> > you guys should get yourselves a pair of segascope3d glasses. some company (i think it is ati , not sure) is making a pc video card that will have 3d input/output!
> > i think the guy at http//:www.alexkidd.org/ is working on a solution for this...

> You guys should go buy a pair of 3d glasses at www.vrex.com
> They are absolutely amazing when playing games like quake, descent II... It's easily worth the money. There is a program that will force anything on the screen into 3d mode to work with the glasses, the only problem is synching it with the shutters in the glasses. But I bet if you guys were serious about it, the developers of the glasses might help.

> The 3d glasses from vrex.com seem like they would be easier to get working with meka than buying a rare pair of sms glasses...since these already have an adaptor for the computer.

> Really though, these glasses are AMAZING... I've never experienced anything like them in my life.

> It's just a thought anyway.
Blizzard
VREX
Post Posted: Tue Aug 24, 1999 3:10 am

> The 3d glasses from vrex.com seem like they would be easier to get working with meka than buying a rare pair of sms glasses...since these already have an adaptor for the computer.

> Really though, these glasses are AMAZING... I've never experienced anything like them in my life.

> It's just a thought anyway.

I had a pair of VREX 3D glasses. They worked wonderfully, but they were so uncomfortable that I sold them.

Brian
Re: VREX
Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 1999 5:43 am
>
> > The 3d glasses from vrex.com seem like they would be easier to get working with meka than buying a rare pair of sms glasses...since these already have an adaptor for the computer.

> > Really though, these glasses are AMAZING... I've never experienced anything like them in my life.

> > It's just a thought anyway.

>
> I had a pair of VREX 3D glasses. They worked wonderfully, but they were so uncomfortable that I sold them.

That's true, they could definately work on the comfort of the glasses... But they aren't as bad as my other 3d glasses, that had a monitor in them...heh, even the sms glasses are more uncomfortable than the vrex ones... But maybe thats because I have a big head.

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!