Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Would people be interested in a SMS Encyclopaedia CD?

Reply to topic
Christopher Coleman
Would people be interested in a SMS Encyclopaedia CD?
Post Posted: Fri Aug 20, 1999 7:34 am
I had this grand idea the other day, of making a SMS Encyclopaedia CD.. each game would have its own
"entry" (in HTML format), with scans of the cover, the manual, text format version of the manual as well,
magazine ads for specific titles, screenshots, video clips from the games, names of the programmers,
company info, cheats and strategies, etc etc..

The project would obviously take a lot of time and work, but I could start on it, and people could contribute..
I have over 270 SMS games now all boxed, but I don't have them all yet, and I'm missing manuals, etc..
What do you guys think? Would you contribute to/buy/be interested in something like that?

I'd sell the thing pretty much at cost, maybe add a buck or two margin to help pay for a CD burner. :)

Don't get too excited, the sheer scope of this project means it won't be ready in a fortnight or anything...
I was just wondering how many people would be interested in the idea.. not much point putting in all the work
if only 4 people want one or give much of a shit..

That'd rock! Put me down for one! *nt*
Post Posted: Fri Aug 20, 1999 8:27 am

That'd rock! Put me down for one! *nt*
Post Posted: Fri Aug 20, 1999 8:30 am

Re: Would people be interested in a SMS Encyclopaedia CD? - Please do one! *nt*
Post Posted: Fri Aug 20, 1999 3:35 pm
> I had this grand idea the other day, of making a SMS Encyclopaedia CD.. each game would have its own
> "entry" (in HTML format), with scans of the cover, the manual, text format version of the manual as well,
> magazine ads for specific titles, screenshots, video clips from the games, names of the programmers,
> company info, cheats and strategies, etc etc..

> The project would obviously take a lot of time and work, but I could start on it, and people could contribute..
> I have over 270 SMS games now all boxed, but I don't have them all yet, and I'm missing manuals, etc..
> What do you guys think? Would you contribute to/buy/be interested in something like that?

> I'd sell the thing pretty much at cost, maybe add a buck or two margin to help pay for a CD burner. :)

> Don't get too excited, the sheer scope of this project means it won't be ready in a fortnight or anything...
> I was just wondering how many people would be interested in the idea.. not much point putting in all the work
> if only 4 people want one or give much of a shit..
brain911
Post Posted: Fri Aug 20, 1999 5:25 pm
Sure, I'd be interested in buying one & helping make one.
I have over 60 sms carts, most with box & manual, I also have a scanner and 8X CD-R (woo!).
brian@emulationworld.com

> I had this grand idea the other day, of making a SMS Encyclopaedia CD.. each game would have its own
> "entry" (in HTML format), with scans of the cover, the manual, text format version of the manual as well,
> magazine ads for specific titles, screenshots, video clips from the games, names of the programmers,

> The project would obviously take a lot of time and work, but I could start on it, and people could contribute..
> I have over 270 SMS games now all boxed, but I don't have them all yet, and I'm missing manuals, etc..
> What do you guys think? Would you contribute to/buy/be interested in something like that?

> I'd sell the thing pretty much at cost, maybe add a buck or two margin to help pay for a CD burner. :)

> Don't get too excited, the sheer scope of this project means it won't be ready in a fortnight or anything...
> I was just wondering how many people would be interested in the idea.. not much point putting in all the work

Jonas
Yeah, of course I wanna buy it when it's done! (nt)
Post Posted: Fri Aug 20, 1999 9:42 pm

PolarBoy
Sounds good but
Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 1999 12:17 am
I am so poor I might need a warez copy if thats ok.

maybe other people are in the same boat as me.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 1999 9:56 pm
I thought about making something similar a few weeks ago, but since I´m so lazy I forgot it... So please take your time and make it! Sure I´ll buy it.
Razorblade Monkey
Sounds Great!!! *NT*
Post Posted: Mon Aug 30, 1999 12:11 am

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!